hotel rooms

After watching an old episode of Jon and Kate and my curiosity is up. Kate has a huge problem with walking around hotel rooms barefoot and you can just see her grossing out when her producer admits she has no problem doing it. So wondering do you clean your hotel rooms?

I will admit I alcohol swab wipe down the phone and the remote and have been know to reclean the bathrooms if I think their still icky. Like mildew in the corner of the tub.

pagirl71

Asked by pagirl71 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol no i have never , but we usually as kids ended up in roach motels anyways . our mom was cheap .
    Anonymous

• no i can't say i have, but i always made sure they were clean...i will probably be putting alco. on the phones and bathroom now...thanks ...lol :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No. I am a little grossed out when I first lay down to go to sleep, thinking about how many people have shacked up on these sheets....
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I don't walk barefoot in hotels either... There have been so many times that I walk around in clean white socks and they wind up looking like I walked in the dirt after half an hour. I don't use the phone in hotels, but that's more that I don't need to than I don't want to. I have not showered in a hotel because the shower was disgusting. I have even woke up my son to go to a different hotel because the one my husband picked was just down right gross... it smelled, the bathroom was filthy, the floors were dirty.

I probably makes me sound a little snooty, but If I'm paying forty,fifty, sixty dollars JUST to sleep it sure as hell better be decent.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I don't. I just choose a nicer hotel. The hiltons are all very nice.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• well I usually stay in nicer hotels (brother works for Hilton) and we get nice discounts but it was an upscale resort that made me clean my bathroom (i don't in all hotels) but If I find any kind of mildew anywhere in the bathrrom I will reclean it. And as for the phone and remote I watched 20/20 that investigated all chains of hotels and most including the very expensive ones did not clean either one. And I don't want my kids picking one up turning on the tv and then touching their mouths so I wipe them down.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• The only thing to be really concerned about is the bedding.They are not usually changed between guests.[comforters] I know from experience-I was a housekeeper for several years.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I did see that episode and it thoroughly grossed me out to think about the dirt. It had never really dawned on me until Kate mentioned it. I am now much more careful and picky.
    KMIassogna

Answer by KMIassogna at 4:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• We only stay in the nicer hotels, too. The Great Wolf Lodge is our favorite - always clean! Our Garden Hilton is always clean, too!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2009