two mommys?? HELP

i was dropping my daughter off for daycare today (which happens to be at the OTHER grandparents house) and daddy and his gf came in shortly before i left. I was tell my daughter to say bye to mommy, and she proceded to look straight at daddys gf and say "bye mommy"

My daughter is almost 2 and this is not the only time i have caught this happening. A couple weeks ago i was with liz and we saw daddy and walked to where he was and when we left, he told her to say "bye to mom---nicole", he acted like it was a slip but im pretty sure they have her calling the gf mommy when liz is at his house...

Is this normal or typical OR is it nicoles way of trying to feel like the mommy even tho she isnt? They are pregnant right now and liz will be around her lil sibling as it calls nicole mommy, but that doesnt mean liz has to to right?

Does anyone else think nicole is telling my 2 year old to call her mommy too or am i just crazy?

bananaapplepie

Asked by bananaapplepie at 12:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm sure THEY are in some way to blame. Children repeat what they hear, so if they didn't actually TELL her to, they must refer to her as "mommy" around your daughter. I can see why you are upset, and if it bothers you, talk to them about it and tell them why. Although, this woman will obviously be a part of your daughter's life she needs to know where the boundaries are. It's good that she loves your daughter, and having "two mommies" in that respect can be good. All the love and support a child gets, the better. But you are her real mom, and your daughter should understand that. Maybe letting her come up with another name for her stepmom/dad's GF? Maybe call her "mom" and you "mommy"? Try not to worry too much about it. Tell them your concerns and I'm sure they will oblidge. And if not.... demand it! Lol.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• She's pregnant so she is A mommy. Maybe this is their way to get her used to her future sibling.
    Anonymous

• They should not have her call the girlfriend mommy. Since they are not married she is not even your childs stepmom. She is simply daddy's knocked up girlfriend. She should respect you as your childs only mom and let her know she is Nicole. How would her dad feel if you had her calling another man daddy? Ask him that see what he says. If it doesn't change help your daughter come up with a special name for her dad's girlfriend so mommy is just of the woman who gave birth and is raising her.
    Anonymous

• people need to stop being so defensive. So what if she gets to have two mommies. If that's what she wants to be called then so be it. She's a part of her life now whether you like it or not. It's not going to belittle you in the least! You are still her mommy and she knows that. SHe just has more love now. Be happy! :)
    Anonymous

• I LIKE REPLYER #3 actually, i like the way u put that too..

see, im NOT ok with her doing it... Theyve been playing this game of happy lil family since liz was born, and nicole is always telling me im doing things wrong, or will find a teeny tiny bruise and totally go ape shit asking me what happened, YET when she comes home with a SCAR on her chin, no one knows what happend, or when se came home with a 3 INCH SLASH on the back of her head, no one knows and thought it came from my house!!!

I personally think its nicoles way of making her the better person, and i know she wants to have liz at thier house all the time, even tho i have liz only 3 nights a week cuz liz is either with daddy or with daddys parents so...

I find it very fude that she is doing this! BUT at the same time everytime i talk decently with her she makes it sound like she is on my page of everything!!!

see why i need help? she is hella 2 faced!!
    bananaapplepie

Answer by bananaapplepie at 1:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2009