Why is your page private?

Just wondering....

xocyncyn

Asked by xocyncyn at 12:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• So psycho's like you can't see my page...duh. I don't want you kidnapping my cute kid sor seeing my sexy self lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 6:48 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yea,, Why do people do that ..What are you hiding from,,or who are you hiding from..

Answer by louise2 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I'm hiding from creepy people lol I don't know WHO is on the internet looking at what. Another reason is because I don't want nasty messages in my chatter box. *shrug* I prefer my privacy :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I'm private because I'm here to post questions and get responses and give responses. I have my friends where I live and other places. I'm on cm for advice and to offer it. If anony. were not allowed I'd drop out. I just prefer privacy from difficult relatives who could be on here too and with a screen name and other info figure out who I am. And being private, anony. being this way my questions and my answers are almost always taken seriously instead of focusing on some screen name. Kids under age 18 in my opinon should be posted in websites even by their parents. But those moms who post their info I still find post interesting and helpful with q's and a's.
    Anonymous

• I am not I do not care who looks at my profile :)
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 12:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i can understand why people make their pages private...but why post anon? i say just block your page so people can't bother you...

i always hear things about nasty messages... i never got one.... i am guessing because most of my "haters" are anon. and don't want to give themselves up...lol
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I can't remember if my page is private or not, LOL! I do understand why some people's are, though. They are either trying to prevent a specific person from getting to them, or they're just on here for friends and family. Things like that. For the most part, they have a good reason, I feel. I'm just curious, why would it bother you if someone's profile IS set to private?
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• A lot of people have their profiles set to private because you can goole your screen name and find a link to your CafeMom profile, your myspace, and sometimes your facebook and not only that, but some have found other personal information on google too. Try it with your screen name and see. Other than that I don't think they should. Some people just are afraid that they will get bashed for a post or some of their other beliefs, practices, or life situations. That's the only reasons that I can think of.
    brwneyedgirl314

Answer by brwneyedgirl314 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I have mine on private because of DH's ex-wife. She is a stalker and I do not want her going through my page cause my life is none of her business. I deal with her only because of my sweet SD, but the rest of my life should be none of her concern. She constantly stalks my MySpace. I have nothing to hide, I just don't like nosy people who will try to take anything they can and use it against you.
    Kaci_Eden

Answer by Kaci_Eden at 12:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• That and because I have pics of my kids up so that my family, who lives 360 miles away, can see pics of the kids. There are some sickos that steal pics from people's pages and do goodness knows what with them.
    Kaci_Eden

Answer by Kaci_Eden at 12:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2009