ANY OF YOU OUT THERE WITH A GAY OFFSPRING?

THIS IS MY THIRD TRY, MY TWO OTHERS GOT DELETED BECAUSE SUPPOSEDLY THEY WERE NOT IN THE FORM OF A QUESTION. I AM BY NO MEANS AN EXPERT ON HOMOSEXUALITY, NO CREDENTIALS TO SPEAK OF BUT I DO HAVE A LESBIAN DAUGHTER AND I UNDERSTAND WHAT A HARDSHIP IT CAN BE FOR A LOT OF POPLE. I HAVE BEEN EDUCATING MYSELF AND OTHERS ON THE SUBJECT FOR THE LAST 2O SOME YEARS, IT GIVES ME GREAT PLEASURE IN SOOTHING OUT ANXIETIES RELATED TO THIS TOPIC.

Asked by older at 12:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Anon, you are utterly ignorant. It's awful to blame the parent for the child's sexual orientation as though it was something negative instead of just a part of who they are. Homosexuality is neither a sin nor a disease, and neither is it a choice. It was removed from the American Psychiatric Association and the American Psychological Association as a disease in 1973 and 1975. Gee, that might mean something, don't you think?

OP, I am bisexual and was lucky enough to have understanding parents. She is lucky to have you.
    quirkymama

Answer by quirkymama at 3:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Maybe she will phase out of this,pray for her. So sorry Can I ask you something? Did you feel close to your daughter when she was growing up?
    Anonymous

• ANON, THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERN, BUT THIS IS NOT A PHASE IT IS WHO SHE IS NO AMOUNT OF PRAYING WILL CHANGE HER VERY BEING. MY DAUGHTER AND I HAVE HAD THE CLOSES RELATIONSHIP A PARENT AND CHILD/ADULT COULD EVER HAVE. I AM PROUD TO CALL HER MY FLESH AND BLOOD, AND HER SEXUAL PREFERENCE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HUMAN BEING SHE IS.

Answer by older at 12:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I do believe she could be a great person but homosexuality is a sin not a disease and her choice is wrong she should be single then. Why did'nt you steer her towards men? or did you?j you know show her the fun in being a girl? does she act like a guy?ust curious??
    Anonymous

• ANON, SHE IS VERY MUCH A LADY, ALTHOUGH SHE DOES NOT WEAR MAKE UP OR SUCH SHE IS A NATURAL BEAUTY. THERE WAS NO CHOICE INVOLVED HERE, SHE NEEDED TO ACCEPT HERSELF FOR WHO AND WHAT SHE WAS REGARDLESS OF THE SO CALL SIN. HOW YOU THINK THAT ONE CAN SEPARATE FROM HER VERY BEING, (HER SIN) IS BEYOND ME. THERE IS NO STEERING HERE, JUST LIKE YOU COULDN'T STEER ANY OF YOUR CHLDREN TO MARRY YOUR PERSON OF PREFERENCE.

THIS IS THE ETERNAL QUESTION, WHO IS THE GIRL? AND WHO IS THE GUY? THERE IS NO SUCH THING THEY ARE PARTNERS, NO GENDER INVOLVED HERE, THEY ARE SOUL MATES AND TOGETHER THEY MAKE ONE.

THERE HAS BEEN A GENE LINK ASSOCIATED WITH HOMOSEXUALITY FOR MANY YEARS, SHE WAS BORN THIS WAY, WHETHER YOU CHOOSE TO BELEIVE IT OR NOT, AND IT MANIFESTED ITSELF DURING PUBERTY. SHE DID HAVE BOYFRIENDS WHEN SHE WAS YOUNG THAT DIDN'T LAST VERY LONG, THERE WAS NO ATTRACTION THERE.

Answer by older at 12:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I'm glad that your daughter has a mother who is open minded enough to love her no matter who she loves.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• KRYSTA662, THANK YOU, I AM ALSO VERY GLAD SHE IS MY DAUGHTER.

Answer by older at 1:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I wonder why they keep deleting it? I don't see anything that you're saying offensive. Maybe you should start a Post about it. You are in the Questions/Answers section.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 2:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• NJMOM2TYLER, THEY TOLD ME THAT I HAD NOT PHRASED IT AS A QUESTION, SO I REPHRASED AND IT WORKED THE THIRD TIME.

Answer by older at 2:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• THANK YOU QUIRKYMAMA!

Answer by older at 4:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2009