My baby vomit in all formula

My baby is about 17 days old and I have been breast feed him since I gave birth to him. However, he is taking more milk than I have so I want to gave him bottle , but I try similac, and enfamilk and he vomits rights after eating. Any ideas what to do??

hungluvphuong

Asked by hungluvphuong at 12:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try to change the formula again I know it can get expensive but you can google coupon codes for free or super cheap formula, he may also be allergic to formula or his little tumy might not be able to handle formula right way you can also try to mix your beast milk with the formula like say you make a 4oz bottle have 2oz be breast and 2 be formula try working the formula in slowly
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 12:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• try soy
    Anonymous

• Try pumping after the baby feeds to stimulate your breasts so you have more milk supply for the baby. If you supplement with formula and the baby vomits it may not be agreeing with him. Try small amounts of formula at a time. And you can pump and mix your milk with formula too.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• If you just keep putting baby to breast each time he seems hungry, even if he just ate, it will help your supply. I am encouraging you to keep nursing on demand. There's a 99% chance that it will work. Your baby is young enough that it will (should) be easy to boost your supply.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• breastfeed. you still can and it's what your baby needs.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 1:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• are you trying to do formula and breastfeeding, or do you really want to breastfeed 100%? Because to up your supply you can just pump in between feedings, but the more formula your baby has, the less milk you will produce. if you want to use formula, then try soy- that helped my daughter when I stopped breastfeeding.(she was always throwing up too)
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• If you introduce formula now it is going to cause your supply to go down, and may lead to weaning earlier than you planned. Plus, baby clearly is not tolerating the formula. I would encourage you to Bf more frequently and increase your supply. Most likely, you have enough milk, you just think that you don't.  She is probably just haing a growth spurt.  Let her nurse constanly for a day or so and she'll bring your supply up.

Go to "How can I tell if my baby is getting enough milk?"

http://www.llli.org/FAQ/enough.html

If baby is showing signs of getting enough then you are making enough.  Also a link on that page on how to inrease supply.

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• What you are describing is normal. Just so that you know that there is nothing wrong with you baby or your supply. If you supplement because you WANT to, then go ahead. But from what you are saying, it doesn't seem that you NEED to. Babies nurse OFTEN. Almost constantly in the beginning. I can't advise you on what formula or bottle to use because I have no experience with that, but if you would like more advice on nursing I'm more then happy to help.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2009