Would you say something? PIOCs.

Red Lobster, two people [ my son whom is 15 & myself ] 5:30 pm on a Tuesday. One bowl of clam chowder, two ice waters, two lobster lover platters. $66 + $15 tip. We were not greeted in a timely manner, the lobster was somewhat tough & stuck to the shells, the portion sizes were small. When the server approached the table even though I have known her only on a social level, not too personal [ we don't chat or visit, I only see her if we eat there & that is on rare occasion] I worked with her 15 years ago I want to add that info before I ask of you. I said we had been waiting for a while & she replied eaxctly, " NO you have NOT !! "
I was disappointed in the whole experience. The so-called team waiting, my son's glass going dry twice. I just don't feel that Red Lobster brought it to the table for that amount of $$. Given this info, do you? Not to mention the table [ booth ] was RIGHT by the kitchen door & I MEAN right by *IT* !

strongmom40

Asked by strongmom40 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• We quit going to Red Lobster a LONG TIME AGO. For exactly all the reasons you said. Not the rude server, but very inadequate food and way too much money. I would simply write them off. If you need to voice your displeasure, write a letter to the corporate office and let them know your experience and that you are done trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    musicgirl77

Answer by musicgirl77 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I worked in the restaurant business for years before I became a SAHM. If I (or my husband) are truly unhappy about an experience we do say something, nicely. We wouldn't expect much. Maybe we would be offered a free appetizer or dessert the next time we came. And I would be happy with that. I would give them 1 more shot to 'redeem' themselves. However, if I was disappointed again I would complain again before leaving and tell them this is the last time you are coming here and what your reason are for it. Hopefully, your next experience will be better, if there is one. : )
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I know exactly my point, musicgirl. Just too much mark up on that food. They also advertise it as casual seafood dining & in my life that amount of $$ for two people is not casual. For lordie's sake we didn't even get drinks. I called corporate but I'm with you after the dinner coupons they are mailing me are done with $40, it just won't be even a choice anymore. We'll surprise Mi-Mi [ my mother ] & take her to lunch there. I'll say Mi-Mi we don't have ya in the ground yet, but enjoy your last Red Lobster on us !! LOL. So sad really. So many mother's day memories there. J learned he like lobster there. LOL. When he was about 18 mos old he ate lemons one after another, found out he liked them there too !! Ha !! Ha !! We were just a laughing !! Those platters had LESS food on em than a lunch plate !! They don't pay that MUCH for that whole *IF* 3 ozs of lobster that was on the plate !!

strongmom40

Answer by strongmom40 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yes, I would say something. You basically got ripped off!
    for as much money as they charge I am never happy with their service or food.
    Once I ordered a lobster (it was my first one ever), and the waiter yelled at me for eating it the wrong way. SERIOUSLY. I guess I didn't show enough respect for it, for him to be polite.... but it was rubbery and not yummy at all. And i love sea food! I was so mad!
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I would have talked to the manager and if nothing was done to my satisfaction, I would email or call the corporate office and complain to them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I would not have tipped $15.00. That is waaaayyyy generous for lousy service. You can always ask to talk to a manager when you run into situations like that. Teri
    NoDak-Mom

Answer by NoDak-Mom at 6:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Last time we went to RL was for my youngest son's birthday, there were 14 of us. We sat there over 2 hrs waiting then the manger came up and told us they forgot about us, he gave a free drink ( cola) then it was 1/2 later before we received out food. I won't go there again, too much money , service is bad
    mom2makayla

Answer by mom2makayla at 6:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2009