is it true that mom's dies giving labor?

Milindus

Asked by Milindus at 12:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It was more common way back in the day and yes it can still happen but very rare.

Anonymous

• Its rare but yes, it could happen.
    http://www.childbirthtips.com/index.php/9
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• its true but i trust my doctor to not let that happen and if it did then i guess it would just be that persons time
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 12:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It can happen, but rarely. It happens in hospitals in this day and age. In fact, the maternal mortality rate in the US is higher than most developed countries. Surprisingly. With all our "fabulous" health care.

There are very few instances where a mother dies, and if it happens, you will rarely find out the cause unless the family pushes for an autopsy because unlike many European countries, the US doesn't require autopsies to investigate the deaths of mothers who die in childbirth.

I wouldn't stress about it though, it is rare. The key is to be informed, don't allow unnecessary interventions, and research everything on your own. When you put blind faith into anyone (doc, midwife, etc) you put yourself at risk!

But seriously, don't worry about death! Focus on the positive and beauty of labor!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It usually happens when you had serious health risks before the pregnancy.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My mom always told me you'll have one foot in the grave and one foot out...but of course she was probably scaring me. If its your time than its your time. You can be a very healthy person and still not make it out the hospital.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 9:55 AM on Mar. 29, 2009