bath toys?

i gave my daugther a bath and didnt drain the tub before i got her dressed and threw a load of laundry in the washer and dryer, she threw a toy with batteries into the water, and when i pulled it out brown stuff came out im assuming thats battery acid, but my questions is all her other toys that were also in there can i soak them in bleach water then wash them and will they still be safe for her to use? or should i just throw them out and go get new ones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They will be safe.
    Anonymous

• I would do the bleach treatment ...be sure to rinse really really well and then let them air dry. They should be safe for playtime.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• just make sure to rise thoroughly.

Anonymous

• ok thanks ladies, my little girl is obsessed with frogs and ducks, i cant find frog bath toys anywhere anymore so im glad she will still be able to play with the bath toys and thanks again.
    Anonymous

• water dilutes acid. Rinsing well should be sufficient.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2009