Does anybody sell Avon?

I'm looking for some extra home-based income. Does anyone have any experience with Avon or any others?

mama28th

Asked by mama28th at 12:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• I did, it wasn't for me. There is a low start up fee but then there is alot of "hidden" costs like buying books and stocking products... Plus deliveries, parties, tables at shows... This list goes on!
    Honestly I tried TONS of different home opportunities! You name it, I have probibly tried it! But I did find a great business that has worked for me. I have an awesome home business with a great income and I would love to tell you about it!
    We offer Daily Pay, 401K, AD&D insurance, unlimited training and support and so SO much more! If you feel you would be interested please take a few moments and listen to one of our overview calls at 616-712-1741. That call is recorded but will get you all the details. Then you can visit my site and request your interview or just get MORE information. My website is www.DailyPayFromHome.com I am here to answer all your questions, so don't be afraid to ask!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I also run a co-op website with an ever growing number of home businesses (including avon) and even some home JOBs. Feel free to take a look, shop or check out some other opportunities.

www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Hi, I joined Avon and I'm surprised for how many hidden fees that is on this business, since I just move here and don't know many people who likes Avon, I bought stuff for me and my mother in law ordered something. I can tell you, that right now, I spent more that I made. So I aren't going to keep the Avon business. Well, I joined the Passion Parties team, and in less than 45 days I made over $600,00 proffitt. I just came back from Vegas, where I was in the Passion Parties Annual Convention, and was amazing seeing so many successfull ladies! I can tell you that is the best company to join in this crises time. Just this firsts months the company sold double what they had some at the same time last year. And they just announced at the Convention, the new Stimulus Kit, that is a great way to start your own business. visit my web site for extra info. http://www.zenshotpassion.com">I'll help you step by step. Zen P.
    Zenn

Answer by Zenn at 3:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I sold Avon for almost 5 years. Aside from the added expenses mentioned above, you have to hustle. Campaigns run every 2 weeks and not all of my customers wanted something every time a new campaign came up. Then when you build up your client base enough to make a substantial commission, delivery time comes up and you're scooting around town to everyone's houses and using lots of gas. I wound up passing my customers over to another local rep and I found something I could do from home without having to spend a lot of money every month (I bought more products than I made in commission...lol), it's something I actually need..AND I help others while I do it.
    diana71

Answer by diana71 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I am a current Avon rep and agree with the posts above. There are a lot of costs that you aren't fully aware of when you sign up. I make way more money from my candle business than I do with Avon. I do continue to sell Avon because I've got some loyal customers that I want to take care of, but I don't plan on making any real money from them. I do use my Avon business to promote my candle business as they kind of compliment each other. Also, with my candle business, I can sponsor somebody into the company from anywhere (not like Avon where I have to meet them face to face which limits my team to my local area) and I earn commission from my first team member with no monthly quotas as opposed to Avon where I have to build a team of 5 with 1200.00 in sales before I earn commission from my team. If you decide to go with Avon, please be aware, you will have to go door to door and follow up!
    ChristisCandles

Answer by ChristisCandles at 11:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I sell the wickless candle called Scentsy for a year now. It has been a very good company, good compensation and fast movement. We each grow quickly depending on YOU do. As with any business it all depends on YOU. I always say, sell something you will LOVE and you will never look back. All my customers love this product and keep coming back for more or refer me to others. So I have not lacked for any business. Although I continue to WORK for more.
    Scentsy has one of the better compensation plans with commission, trips, incentives, free & 1/2 priced product, and bonus's. If you love what you do ~ you should succeed.
    I have more on my cafemom webpage here, or visit me at www.scentsy.com/6401
    Good luck in what you find.
    " If you wake up on a Monday and can't wait to get started", you just found your home!"
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2009