did you ever...

not feel any braxton hicks your whole pregnancy?.... Obviously to dilate, you need to contract, since contractions help dilation...... Im dilated to 2, maybe more & dont really feel contractions. My doc was actually surprised i didnt feel them. This worries me that i wont feel real contractions & im a first time mom. Im 38 weeks - 39 on tuesday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i do get them pretty often, in fact last night i was at my moms having dinner and i got my belly really hard and my back and hips were hurting as if i had menstrual cramps, maybe you dont know what to feel for? , or maybe you do get them but they dont hurt?
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 1:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I was 2cm dilated for the last month of both of my pregnancies, and I never once felt a contraction of any sort. Oh but let me tell you, I sure did feel the real ones when it was time for labor! You'll feel them, trust me. Just be glad you're not feeling the BH, lol :)
    ItsMeCaseyLynn

Answer by ItsMeCaseyLynn at 1:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i didnt with my first braxton hicks dont really dialate you .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• contractions dilate you - braxton hicks do as well - they are the "practice" contraction, but still your stomach contracting...
    Anonymous

• I had contractions apparently but I didn't know what they were. I thought i had a bunch of gas bubbles playing hockey in my tummy and was more afraid of farting in public then to think they were contractions. I was .5cm and then the next week I was 2cm and 5 hours later I was 7cm (I know this bc I went to the hospital to 'prove' I wasn't in labor but I was) and by the time the doc got there to check me I was 9 1/2cm (30 min later) i went really quick with my first
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 1:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i didnt feel anything until the day i had my son. with my daughter i just remember my back hurting but not really any contactions until i went into labor. now i am having twins and i feel them. it actully kinda scared me since i am only 18 weeks but dr says everything is good.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 1:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• With my first, I didn't have a single BH. With my second, I had them constantly the last couple months. Believe me, you'll FEEL the real ones. ~LOL~ They might not be horrible, but you'll know. =)
    ttaylor1998

Answer by ttaylor1998 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• my mom says that u will fell them more and more each kid...my 1st i didnt fell a thing and this one i have been for the past 3 weeks on monday im at 2 and 50% effaced
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 2:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2009