• In the Spotlight:

Abscess (sp?) I really need so help here ladies, maybe TMI

Well, I have this abscess on my vagina, I have had it lanced and it has came back three or four times but never had it lanced again. It is really painful. Have you ever had one, If so, how did you get rid of it...does it keep coming back. I just wish it woudl go away. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

suhweet1

Asked by suhweet1 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Health

• I would go to the Dr again, there is areason it keeps coming back and untill you figure it ourt you may have to keepo dealing with it, maybe have your Dr help you rule out different stuff. Sorry it sounds painful.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• the docs jsut keep giving me antibiotics, the er is where i finally went to to get it lanced the first time, but that whole side was the size of a half of orange (the lump anyway)
    suhweet1

Answer by suhweet1 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• bump

suhweet1

Answer by suhweet1 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I had one from shaving down there. It was an ingrown hair that turned into an abscess. I had to have it lanced and left with iodoform gauze to pack it..The thing took nearly 2 months to heal. It sounds to me like they need to get inside there and get the sack out instead of just lancing it and letting it drain. If they don't get the cyst sack out, it's going to keep coming back. I'm sorry to go anon, but I don't like talking about my incident with the shaving abscess...
    Anonymous

• no problem, thanks for the answer, I guess i will have to go back to the er to get anything done, but that was SOOOOOOOOO painful

suhweet1

Answer by suhweet1 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It sounds like it could be a Bartholins cyst. those need to be excised not lanced....the walls of the cyst need to be removed or it will keep coming back.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• thanks, how can they know for sure bump
    suhweet1

Answer by suhweet1 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009