How soon is too soon to start trying for another?

DH just told me that he wants to start trying for a third. our youngest is only 15 months. and if we try now baby wouldnt be born til december which we already have 2 kids with bdays in the same week on 4th and 10th.

skinsfan26

Asked by skinsfan26 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, there is no guarantee you'd get pregnant this month lol...

But I don't think I would try so early. I wanted to wait until my DD was 2 to try, but instead I got pregnant on accident and she was only 19 months. I would have preferred her to be closer to 3, not 2, when the baby was born!

It's all about personal preference. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i have 2 toddlers..their birthdays are on the 10th and 20th of the same month...1 yr apart..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• oh ya...im 9 months preggo w my 3rd...my other 2 will be just shy of being 3 and 4..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i started trying when my son was 15 months old and he is now 2 1/2 and im almost due...so there is no telling when ull get pregnant
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 2:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I'm pregnant with my second child. My kids will be exactly 18 months apart if this one comes on his due date!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• thanks ladies. i want another one now but half of me is saying no wait while other half is saying now. im so torn.
    skinsfan26

Answer by skinsfan26 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i forgot to add . the youngest is 15 months and the older is 4.
    skinsfan26

Answer by skinsfan26 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Remember, it can take 9 months on average to conceive. I tried to space my youngest 2 kids 2 years apart as I figured about 6 months to get pregnant. Except I got pregant on the first try & they are 17 months apart. Ah, well, wouldn't change it for anything!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My husband and I started trying for #2 when our daughter was only 5 months old.. I got pregnant the first try, but we miscarried. They would have been only 13 months apart! We tried again when we got the ok and got pregnant on the second try, but miscarried again. They would have been 19 months apart. Now, I am finally pregnant with #2! We got pregnant on the first try again and I am due in 4 weeks. My girls will be just a couple weeks shy of 2 years apart. I don't mean to say anything about the miscarriages to sound mean or freak you out.. the doctors said they were just unhealthy pregnancies and had nothing to do with conceiving so soon after our daughter. It doesn't hurt to start trying just in case you don't get pregnant on the first try! Best of luck to you and have fun trying!
    LaneyCsMommy

Answer by LaneyCsMommy at 8:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• We have talked about earlier after posting this. and we decide to wait until we both are out of school (graduate this may) and start our new jobs.
    skinsfan26

Answer by skinsfan26 at 11:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2009