ANY OF YOU OUT THERE WITH GAY OFFSPRING??

THIS IS MY THIRD TRY, MY TWO OTHERS GOT DELETED BECAUSE SUPPOSEDLY THEY WERE NOT IN THE FORM OF A QUESTION. I AM BY NO MEANS AN EXPERT ON HOMOSEXUALITY, NO CREDENTIALS TO SPEAK OF BUT I DO HAVE A LESBIAN DAUGHTER AND I UNDERSTAND WHAT A HARDSHIP IT CAN BE FOR A LOT OF POPLE. I HAVE BEEN EDUCATING MYSELF AND OTHERS ON THE SUBJECT FOR THE LAST 2O SOME YEARS, IT GIVES ME GREAT PLEASURE IN SOOTHING OUT ANXIETIES RELATED TO THIS TOPIC.

Asked by older at 1:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • My 22 year old son is gay. He is one of the lights of my life, I have 2 other sons 14 and 5. When he came out to me I wasnt shocked. I kinda knew it from the tome he could walk( in my heels that is) Its very hard for some people to accept. My husband,(his step dad) was convinced that it was a lie so his female friends could spend the night!! He finally realized that this is who he is and completely acceps him as his own son. Alot of my sons friends are amazed at the relationship my son has with his family. My mom, and aunts all love him to death and wouldnt have him any other way. I wish I could help parents understand the your child is the same child before they came out.
    DIANE463

Answer by DIANE463 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• It sounds like you daughter is very lucky to have such a loving, caring and open minded mom!!! I don't have any sibs or kids that are but my cousin is a lesbian and some of our family didn't take it to well. Her and her partner are "married" and own a house together and very committed to each other.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• THANK YOU TYFRY7496, REALLY I AM THE LUCKY ONE. SHE IS ALSO MARRIED, I HAD A WEDDING FOR THEM AT MY HOUSE, AND I WAS HONORED TO DO THE CEREMONY, I PRONOUNCED THEM PARTNERS IN LIFE!

Answer by older at 1:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• How sweet! When my mom found out I had a girlfriend, she kicked my ass. You are a wonderful mother! It warms my heart to see understanding parents out there =)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It isn't a question. Lol.. You should make a group for mothers of gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered people. It would be a hit. :)

Great parenting. I have friends who are gay and lesbian and their parents hate them for. Such a silly and tragic reason to end a parent/child relationship.
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 11:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You are a great mother!!!! More parents need to stand up for their children, and more people need to stand up for gay rights!!! I am not gay but i fully respect and support marraige and unions of all people. Good for you!!! This world needs more love!!!
    muzikgrl477

Answer by muzikgrl477 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• MUZIKGRL477, THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT, I HAVE A GREAT DAUGHTER!, YOU ARE SO RIGHT, THIS WORLD WOULD BE MUCH BETTER WITH MORE LOVE.

Answer by older at 7:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• JUS1JESS AND MOMMYHESS, THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENTS, I AM WORKING ON THOSE PARENTS I CAN REACH TO BE MORE ACCEPTING AND IT GIVES ME GREAT PLEASURE WHEN I DO.

Answer by older at 7:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Have you tried creating a group for this on CM? I know a lot of mothers would love to have a site to go to for support with having homosexual sons/daughters. I'm so proud of you for being understanding and loving. My uncle was gay and went through hell with his family. Right now my DD is 15 months, so I won't know for a while what her sexual preferences are, nor will I care as long as she is practicing safe sex at a reasonable age. lol. Good luck!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I started a group like this but it only had 3 members so obviously it didn't get me anywhere. I started it because I found a mom on here freaking out that her daughter came out and was astounded! I would love to help moms know what to do if their kids came/come out to them, but everyone thinks it won't happen to them, lol.
    chipper87

Answer by chipper87 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2009