Has anybody been to marriage counseling?

Has anyone tried marriage counseling? Did it work? and did your insurance pay for it? Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I am in it now, my hubby and I were having trouble and it was starting to affect the kids so I said either we go or I leave, he had always been against it in the past but he goes now. It took us a while to find someone that we both liked but once we did it is amazing and has helped us sooooo much. And our insurance does pay for it, but I know alot dont. GL, hope things work out for you.
    Anonymous

• We have Humana and they pay for a certain amount of visits a year for any type of counseling. We went through it and I truly believe it's the only thing that saved our marriage. Lots of hurt and misguided decisions. I highly suggest it
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 1:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My hubby and I went to marriage counseling and it worked wonders on us. We have not faught with eachother for about 4-6 months now. We've had little arguments but they were over something real small and we worked it out like adults. So I would recommend it and we had medicaid and they paid for it
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My DH and I went to Christian counseling for a couple of years. Did not work for us. We are still dealing with the same old problems. Counselors finally threw their hands up because DH didn't want to change anything he was doing (he puts his grown daughter and son first & says if I don't like it, I can leave). Both have to be open and both have to want it in order for it to work. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous