kidney stones during pregnancy....

I am 23 weeks with my second child.I kept hurting very bad in my back and lowerstomach but thought it was just ligaments stretching. Come to find out it is kidney stones. I have been in the hospital for 4 days and only passed 1. They sent me home yesterday and told me I still have more to pass.They wanted to put in a stent but told me that would probably be more painful to me.Has anyone ever had kidney stones while being pregnant, and what about the stent? Did i make a good decision refusing it or should i get it?

brittoh

Asked by brittoh at 1:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i got kidney stones 3 days before i went into labor..i actually thought for a minute that it was the baby laying sideways and digging her head into me..but no, it was kidney stones! i never passed any..havent had pain since that night..i think i passed them through the catheder when i had my epidural..sorry i couldnt've been of more help..whats a stent ?
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Oh boy I feel your pain momma. I had kidney and gall stones. I was about 5 months. Painful and no fun at all. They never offered a stint and i think I may of tried it lol. It finally just quit hurting. The gall stones.......I had to be very careful what I ate.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2009