Would you find this odd?

Ok so last Saturday I noticed a guy sitting in his truck (which I noticed had 3 plates from 2 different states) in my apartment complex's parking lot. I continued to pitter patter, run errands, go for my daily walk (all of which took about 3 hours) when I came back he was still sitting there. I found it a bit strange but figured he was just waiting for someone to come home and let him in (you have to be buzzed into the building) That evening when I was closing my curtains he wasnt sitting there anymore. Ok, fine, didnt give it a second thought. Well, now its been almost a week and the car has not moved at all. Would anyone find this odd?

And some people would say that I should just stop caring about what other people do and that its none of my business. But I like knowing whats going on where I live and being alert and aware of any strange behavior. Do you?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Report the abandoned care to police...tell them if has been sitting in the same spot for a week maybe more...you dont have to say anything about the guy. They will come out and run the plates.
    Anonymous

• Maybe the car wouldn't start and he was locked out, like you said. Sometimes my husband's car sits in the same spot and doesn't move for a week bc the dang thing won't crank. I wouldn't be too worried personally. There is nothing wrong with being alert to your surroundings, but it doesn't sound too suspicious. There are a million legit reasons I can thing of, but none fishy.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I think it is normal to be alert and curious. To ease your mind you could just call police and make a report. The vehicle may be stolen. It may be innocent ...who knows?
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• that is weird that he would be sitting there all day. and honestly you never know with anyone, he could be trying to find a victim to assault or something, i always think the worst to be on alert
    Anonymous

• I would call the police and tell them about the guy and the fact that it has so many plates and hasnt moved at all. If there is something to worry about they will let you know, and if not just disregaurd it. It does seem odd though and definitely something I would notice too.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I don't think of it as being noisy. I think you are being cautous. I would call the police and ask them what they think. They could run the plates or come check it out. I would definitely be concerned if I saw this in my neighborhood.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• always trust your instincts. always. you onow - womans intuition.
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• In this situation, sometimes nosiness pays off. I'd call and have them run the plates, just to put my mind at ease.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yes, I think you have a right to know. I wonder what apartment he went into....maybe he was waiting all day for someone to leave to avoid confrontation?

It sounds odd. I would run it by the apartment manager just so they have a record of it.
    Mom401

Answer by Mom401 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• P.S. from Mom401
    If it happens again, you can always call the Apt. Manager and ask their Security or Maintenance person to go by and ask him what he is doing. They should have a record of all tenants and whether he belongs there or not. The 3 license plates bother me....you should say something unless your state allows it.

It almost sounds like he was stalking someone, i.e., waiting for them to come home.

Be careful.
    Mom401

Answer by Mom401 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2009