Let myself go

Ok I have one son and I know that I started to lately let myself go, and I want to go and get my hair done ( my roots and 1in. long) and I have a gift card to get my nails. I have no baby sitters, and I know my guy notices that I'm not how I used to be. So how do you guy's handle it

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 1:32 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Alot of hair salons are open later. I dont know when your guy works but mabey one day a week you could plan on a "me" night. He could watch your kiddo. A couple hours thats yours to do with what you want.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i agree, you just have to be creative. i make sure to schedule time to get my hair done, go shopping, hang out with my mom or a friend at least once a month. it helps me to make time for my interests too. i find that i feel i want to look better when im feeling mentally better. alot of things you can do with your child(ren) too. i take mine with me almost every where. they get into what my interests are too. my oldest plays guitar with me, all three like to take pictures, draw, read, dance, i have even found a coffee shop that welcomes little ones for a monthly "talent" night. its like a heath food restaurant type thing and ppl read poetry, sing, play an instrument, etc. good luck!
    Sexy_Mama82

Answer by Sexy_Mama82 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Is your guys your kids father? If so he should watch them while you have a day for yourself and get pampered.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 3:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No He's not the real father, and he doesn't mind watching him for other stuff but he says that getting my hair or nails done Is a waste of time, but it makes me feel better if I look better.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Well, if your guy noticed that you've moved to Fuglytown, he should be willing to watch the monkey while you go doll up.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 3:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Well if it makes you feel better then that should be important to him. I think he should watch the baby while you get some time for you. He shouldn't determine what's a waste of time and what's not.

How I handle it is my husband takes full responsibility for my son and whenever I want to do anything for me it's fine for me to walk out of the door and do it. Most times I do get manicures, pedicures, waxing done during lunch when I'm at work though.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 4:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009