What was the Reason....

That you started smoking? Do you regret it now?

I am just curious, this isn't to bash anyone. Just to see why people started it in the first place. I know while growing up it was drilled in my head not to smoke. My grandmother who smoked died from lung,colon cancer and had ephzomia ( sp?). Died when I was 14. So I had a lot of peer pressure, but had my grandmothers voice in the back of my head. "Don't start, or I'll kill you".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I started experimenting with smokes at 13, and it was just cause I wanted to. I dont' believe in peer pressure and didn't even at that young of age. And although I don't really "regret" smokeing at that young of age, I do regrett starting back after all the times I'm stopped for a while. Hoping and determined that this next time will be the last
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I started to fit in with some 'friends'.....25 years later I am still trying to kick the evil habit. Eight days smoke free this go......Listen to your Grandma on this one honey....it's a terrible terrible thing to be addicted to nicotine.
    Anonymous

• I started to smoke around 14-15. Honestly I did it to be "cool" with the older friends I was hanging with. Then I started to do it alone to relieve stress, which I picked up from my mom. But I was never "addicted" to it. I quit cold turkey one day and havent thought about it since.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I honestly started out of boredom and to see if we could. My friend and I worked in a small card store and we were the only 2 employees besides the owners so everyday after school we worked and did NOTHING. No one ever came in so my friend dared me to go buy a pack and see if the gas station man would sell them to me. I did and we started smoking. Not heavily though. I didn't start smoking a lot til I started waitressing. I got pissed bc since I didn't 'smoke' I didn't get breaks but the smokers did. So I started to get my well deserved breaks at work. And yea I wish I hadn't started.
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 1:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I think some of my firends did it. We thought it was cool. Typical stupid 13-4 year old reasons. BTW...I quit about 12 years ago.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 1:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• my whole family always smoked... my grandmother, grandfather, mother.... my gma doesnt anymore since she got really sick...

honestly...i started when i was 14..me and my best friend had a crush on an older boy and he smoked so we would smoke around him "to look cool"....lol... ciggerates were nothing big to me tho because i always grew up around them...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2009