Do you think guys play more emotional games than girls?

My SO broke up with me a week ago and a few days after he said he loved me and Lacie. Then a few days later he harldy even wants to talk to me. He's saying he's confused. Then he's stopped calling me now. So I guess I just shouldn't call him because he must not want to talk. I don't know what to do. Everyone just says move on but it's not that simple :o(

Lizzie32390

Asked by Lizzie32390 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't think it's gender specific, human beings are human beings. But I do find that I like and trust men more than women. But again it's just people being idots
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I really don't know what to say. This is a difficult situation, I can't imagine what you're going through. I would maybe give him some space? Maybe he needs some time to think or something. I don't fully understand what it is he's confused about, but maybe he just needs to think things through. Maybe he'll come to his senses after he's had time to think about you and Lacie. I think he really loves you both, but sometimes guys get scared and overwhelmed with situations, which causes them to back out. It will be okay. :) Just keep your mind wrapped around Lacie.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i think it depends on the person. both men and women play games
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Some people just like the games. It makes them feel empowered. So I agree that's not gender specific.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• every man i dated never played games. although i doubt that means they don't. maybe i just beat them to the head games playing. which i don't do anymore. let him go. don't play his head games
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Ah the 'i need space bc i'm confused' topic. I didn't understand it. My DH did this while we were dating and so I stopped calling him. Then he calls me a week later and says "what did you loose my number why aren't you calling or coming over?" I laughed and said bc You want 'space' then started calling and up came the 'i need space thing' I said you know what forget it. Take your freakin space somewhere else I don't want it. Didn't hear from him for 2 weeks this time then he shows up at my house and says 'we need to talk' he talked and talked telling me how he screwed up and expected me to still be crawling to him and that he didn't realize how wonderful I was til I was gone. I told him "Yup that's because I'm super awesome and you missed me, so shut up kiss me and tell me your an idiot" LOL I'm sarcastic but it works for us
    Anonymous

• Dont call him keep busy very busy give him some space if your relationship is a good ne it will work out you want to be happy not settle for something.
    DeborahElder

Answer by DeborahElder at 1:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• before my DH i was kind of talking to this guy who played games. he was so hot and cold. if i talked to him too much he would ignore me and then i stopped and he would start talking to me and so i would talk to him again and he would ignore me. finally i got fed up and ignored him.

i forgot all about him until now lol
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I dont think they play more games i think they just have a harder time expessing or just dont know how to express their emotions so it seems like games. and some men just dont want anything to do with emotions at all.
    kharmasmom

Answer by kharmasmom at 2:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Whatever you do, don't call him and try to talk to him. That will only make him run away faster. It sounds like he is testing you to see if he really HAS you. Guys don't want to HAVE you. They always prefer a little mystery.
    Anonymous