New Mother looking for weight loss tips

Hi. I just had a baby not too long ago (Jan. 1st) and I'm finally ready and got the ok to start working out again. I'm looking for tips it's been a yr since I've last worked out. Any tips on weight loss, diet or anything that might help please let me know. Thanx

norma_lee

Asked by norma_lee at 1:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i would eat 1200 cals a day and work out 4 -5 times a week, how much do you want to loose? my baby is 6 mnths, and i have 5 more to go to my pre-preg weight! ive been dieting like heck!!! good luck
    Anonymous

• stop eating when your full.i.e don't finish your plate at a restaurant if your full or eat a whole bag of chips. don't eat sweets. my mother who lives in mexico was put a diet that is really helping her lose weight but she never eats sweets and won't eat past being full. simple advice but it seems to work.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• also go on power walks with the baby, it's free!!! and eat all veggies, fruits, chicken, nothing fried, no pizza, choclate, youll be amamzed at the results=)
    Anonymous

• eat nooooooooo sweets too, no white sugar, i buy all whole wheat, eats lots of fiber.
    Anonymous

• Don't eat anything 5-6 hours before bed. If you're starving and can't sleep, eat celery.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• to second..some ppl think pills and what nto will make you lose weight. supplements help but you have to do the work.
    LOTS of water....exercise routines habitually....a healthy , clean diet...and exactly right do not eat 3 big meals a day....6 smalelr meals is idea...with a balance of 40 percent carbs, 40 percent protein, 20 percent fat. their are variations on that percentage per person and also dependent on your goals but that is the basic healthy eating composition to begin with....the most important part is your diet....www.fitday.com is great to track your calories , tells you how many you burn a day at your height/weight and tracks your percentage of fat, protein, sodium, vitamins etc.

moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• DO not listen to that woman eating 1200...1200 calories is good for some body types..its all baed on your height, weight and bmi.....if 1200 is to omuch under your metabolic rate your body will absord and hold onto fat faster and shut down your metabolism because its not enough to maintain your boyd. never EVER choose a calorie number on a whim...their are plenty of calculators online to figure out your weight. for example. if i ate 1200 calories my metabolism would hault and i would gain weight....also 5-6 hrs before bed. AGAIN NO. thse ppl dont know fitness. lets say you go for a walk outside at 7..then you go to bed at 9...you should eat some protein after the walk.....why you might ask...when your body doesnt have enough fuel to burn to burn fat..it burns muscle...the more muscle you have, the more fat your body burns daily and the higher your metabolism.
    if you give your height/weight/daily activity levels and bmi
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i can help you find your bmi ...
    then i can tell you how many calories you should eat...how much prtein, how much carbs, how much fat etc etc. yes you have to eat fat. HEALTHY fats...its simple..your body will burn fat if it has enough fat coming in...if your only eating celery and water your body will shut down and your metabolism will stink....then you hae two choices...eat like that forever until you die from starvation..of the second you eat a freaking pretzel gain 10ls. if you want a healthy lifestyle and always want to bef it....you cant od quick fixes and you cant follow bogust crap like eat 1200 calories when that person doesnt even know your bmi level
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• my first question is are you nursing or not.

If you are nursing you can't diet as much as you would like... you can cut your calories down, but not to much.

I think portion control and snacks are going to be a good way to start.
    Walking with your baby is wonderful also

I got back to my pre baby weight, but never into the same clothes size... my body changed so much through the hips (started at 28 went back to 29 in waist)

Relax and work at it...but I wouldn't let it consume me... enjoy that baby to LOL
    RustysMom

Answer by RustysMom at 7:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• you check out this site it's www.theloseweightdiet.com they can explain how to lose weight safely. i've already lost 10 pounds in a month with it. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2009