does anyone know about premies

im 29 weeks pregnant and dialted to 3 and this is # 4 for me the doc says she could come early and im terrified do you know the risks of haveing her now?Please HELP!

1lilmomma24

Asked by 1lilmomma24 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I personally dont know. The March Of Dimes should have alot of info though. And I hope youare on bedrest or in the hospital. You really need to be taking it easy and I do know that every week that goes by greatly increases the chances that your baby will be born healthier. Good luck and I am sorry.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• u are to the point that ur baby would most likely make it but i would take it really eazy and try to keep her in there atleast another month. if u do have her now she will have to stay in the hospital for a few weeks and she may have some lung problems
    Anonymous

• eeek! thats really early! but ive heard of women staying 3cm for over a month...so you could be good..im almost 3cm and im only 36 weeks..i started dialating when i was 30 weeks..i was 2cm @ 30 weeks then i closed back up..doctors kept telling me i was 100% gonna have a premie and not even make it to 36 weeks..and im almost 37 weeks and only 3cm and doing fine...ill make it 37.. (or so im hoping lol)
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 2:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Even though Terbutaline isnt recognized for use to stop pre-term labor, that is what I was always given when I went into labor early with my 1st pregnancy as well as this one. I know that in my case, I once had to stay in the triage for almost 24 hours, being given terbutaline shots, IV fluids, and anything else to stop the contractions. I was also 2 cm dialated, didnt have my 1st child until 36 weeks.
    Anonymous