When did your child start sleeping through the night??

My daughter is ten months old and she still doesn't sleep through the night. I'm tired of hearing about the lucky moms whose kid started doing that f/ birth, 3mths, etc lol. I did think though that by now she would do a little better. Sometimes she only wakes up once (in 6/7 hrs) but more than not it's a few times a night. I've asked how to help her sleep through the night and none of the advice worked so I'm just wondering when other children slept through the whole night??

lexi8622

Asked by lexi8622 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I forgot to add, she BARELY sleeps during the day, I'm lucky if she takes an hour nap, that's also why I thought she'd sleep better at night.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Out of my 3 they started between the ages of 6-10 months. Is she waking up to eat? Maybe feed her more during the day and try not to feed her at night, she really doesnt have a nutritional need to eat at night if she still is it is out of habit and the habit has to be broken before she will sleep. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Ugh,. I was SO tired of hearing that too - my son was I think 8 months old - but that was after I took him to my ped after 3 days in a row of him waking every hour on the hour ugh!! I had to set a sleep schedule ( CIO ) but he finally slept through the night within that same week - he still has nights from teething where he wakes but it comes and goes - some kids don't sleep through the night til 2 or later - just ignore those other mom's who brag about it -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• 6 weeks, 8 weeks and 14 weeks (10 adjusted)

Yeah...I was a VERY lucky one!

I hope she starts sleeping through soon! I've usually heard that they start sleeping better at night when they're on table foods...have you tried that yet?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Naptime and Bedtime I have found out have nothing to do with each other -go figure - I had to read ALOT about this since my son was never a sleeper either - at 12 months he stopped on his own taking 2 naps a day - and we are lucky to get 30 minutes out of him now at almost 17 months old -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• mine learned between 6-8 weeks
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• When she was 7 weeks old she was sleeping 7 hours a night. The older she got the more she slept. lol.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• MINE IS 2 1/2 AND SHE STILL DOESNT SLEEP THOUGHT THE NIGHT! GOOD LUCK THOUGH I GET MAD TO WHEN PEOPLE SAY THERE'S SLEEP THOUGHT THE NIGHT SINCE DAY 1!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• 8 weeks. probably sooner but I had to wake her to feed at first b/c of weight gain issues.

we still have nights when she's not feeling good and will get up.
    Anonymous

• 8 weeks
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2009