I already know the answer..do you?

Can anyone tell me the difference between an American Rottweiler vice a German Rottweiler? So many times I see postings regarding people wanting a German Rottweiler vice American. I am curious as to what you all think.

equusvetgal

Asked by equusvetgal at 2:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pets

• The place in which they are born.
    Although Some say that Germans have a shorter stockier stature than the American and that they have a larger head.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I have owned a so called German Rottwieler for years. I don't think there is much difference. Maybe they are a bit larger and their hair is longer??? I am very curious what is the answer????
    tinaaly

Answer by tinaaly at 2:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i honestly didnt even know where were german or american breeds!!!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:32 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Mamakirs hit the nail on the head. It is the country of Origin in which they are born. Nothing more nothing less. The AKC,UKC,ARV,USRC and ADRK all have the same standard for the breed. Germans have a strong foothold on the working nature of the breed. Germany is known for its' ability to produce top working lines. Working ability is genetic therefor the Germans put this first into their breeding programs sometimes at the risk of conformation. Americans shoot for both conformation and working ability. This is not always the case but typically. Rottweilers do have a long hair gene that occasionally appears in some litters but not often as careful selection in breeding has helped to eradicate this issue.

equusvetgal

Answer by equusvetgal at 2:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I did not know. thanks for the info!
    hez3

Answer by hez3 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• *laughs* not really fair though cuz I grew up with Rotties...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2009