How do I get my 4 yr old to use potty at night??

My daughter is 4 (almost 5) and has been potty trained since she was 2, she hardly ever has an accident. But at night, she has an accident every single night. I do not allow her to drink 2 hrs before bed and make her go right before we go to bed, but does not help. Could someone pleasssse give me some suggestions??? Thanks

redtang912

Asked by redtang912 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yes I was going to say, my now three year old almost four year old just started about a month ago wearing panties to bed... before we go to bed at night either my husband or myself will get her up and have sit on the potty, she isn't usually all the way awake but it prevents accidents. I also started a hygien chart which includes sticker for staying dry at night and after so many stickers (and she knows and understands this concept) she will get a special treat, each week I change the reward of what she will be getting.. hope that make sense... good luck!
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 11:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I use to set my alarm at midnight & 3am to get my children up to use the potty. That way their body got use to a schedule. They never had an accident.
    admant2867

Answer by admant2867 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My Daughter is Potty Trained, and every night before I go to bed - I would wake her up and take her to the potty. She's really tired, but she does her duty and back to bed without any problems. Start waking your little one up before you go to bed and have her go to the potty. Good Luck.
    ProudOhioMom

Answer by ProudOhioMom at 11:37 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My dd#1 was the same way. I would wake up in the night and get her to the toilet. She eventually would do it on her own.
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Some kids do sleep so hard that they don't know they have to go potty, it is a great idea to wake them at a regular time to let them try. Summer break is a great time to try this.
    tericared

Answer by tericared at 9:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2008