Does anyone know the %?

I really would like to try for baby #2 but my husband is really nervous about us having twins. For us to get pregnant the first time, we did IUI using clomid. The doctor told us the percentage rate of having twins increased but I can't remember what that percentage rate was, does anyone know the percentage? Also do you know what the percentage rate is with just IUI and not using clomid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• For some reason I remember 10% chance of twins with Clomid & IUI. I know it was still a pretty low chance; the big jump comes when you switch to injectible fertility drugs. I used Repronex and I believe the chance for me was more like 30%.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• twins run in my family and I used clomid and it was less than 20 percent chance for me.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• pagirl71 did you also do IUI, because I was told the % went up with that too so that's why we are kind of nervous.
    Anonymous

• Put it this way you either try for baby number two or you dont and then you will always just have one child. My husband and I think about the same thing because Im about to start clomid cause of my PCOS and we know that there is a higher chance of mulitples 5% with this fertility drug. Its a chance that were willing to take though so you just do what your heart tell you to. We only have one of everything so we know that theres some things we will need to buy but really the only thing the babys cant share is there bed and carseat. They can have the same baby bath, play gym, toys all that good stuff. The huge thing that my husband and I will have to do is get a bigger car but thees are all things we have disccused. Its not like if we get pregnant with twins or triplets that were going to abort or put any of them up for adoption. Thats not human to me. This is just a choice you will have to make.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:48 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I dont work just my husband so our bedget can be tight sometimes. If we end up haveing multiples I plan on just asking for help from friends and family. Also I plan on hitting craigs list for baby items. You can find them so cheap. Trust me, it wont be the end of the world if you guys have twins. I will definatly get my tubes tied though lol. We only wanted two or three and we already have one so if we get pregnant with twins then there you go lol.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I dont mean to sound stupid but what is Clomid? Is it a fertility pill that the doc prescribes and what does it do?
    momindistress08

Answer by momindistress08 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2009