What can I do about my 3 month old mixing up his days and nights?

neilly336

Asked by neilly336 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, my grandmother told me to lay them on their back, grab their ankles, and flip them over. LOL Now I thought that idea was a bit cracked and chose not to do it, but hey it's an option.

No. Really. I would do my best to keep things very dark and quiet at night. No stimulation. Feed and change when necessary, but keep talking to soft whispers and not often. In the day keep things bright and stimulating. He will eventually come around. They always do. Also, remember to do as much sleeping when he is sleeping as you can.

Anonymous

• Try to keep your little one up as much as possible during the day. It helped with mine and she has been sleeping through the night since about 4 months old.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I don't do any talking or light at night with my 2 months old. We have a nightlight in the bedroom so I can see a little bit. When she wakes up to eat, I change her with a flashlight for light, and then I feed her. After that it's right back to bed. The whole time I don't talk to her, I don't make eyecontact with her or anything. Sounds cruel, but if you start talking, they think it's time to get up, and it's not.
    Also, make sure he doesn't sleep a long nap right before bedtime. Make sure he is tired enough to sleep. Hope this helps...
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 7:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2009