why do we do this to each other?

i am starting to notice a really ugly trend on cafemom. The hate post. someone asks a question or voices an opinion and suddenly there a 3 other people telling her she's stupid, or a bad mother for her choices. REALLY? As mothers we should be sticking together, supporting each other because no matter what our choices we are all in this very difficult business of raising the next generation. so why do we demean each other so much? does this make you feel better about your insecurities as a parent? do you think putting someone down will make her rethink the choice she made that you don't approve of?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• If their choices do not affect me or my children, then I am all about live and let live. If they do affect me, I will tell them how stupid they are being.
    Anonymous

• Yes, we are all mothers. But the reality is that not all mothers are good mothers. So yes, there are women on here that get upset when they hear another mother making bad choices. It's because these mothers who are upset actually care about children. So of course when another mother does something bad like smoking in front of their child, it bothers other mothers who care.
    Anonymous

• It's too bad, but that's the way women are. Demeaning each other is the bad side in relationships. We do support each other as well here in the form of sympathy and encouragement. Good and bad go hand in hand.
    starandseen

Answer by starandseen at 3:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It would be so much better if we could have more moms giving their side of something, information like 'this is why I think you made a bad decision doing that' instead of saying 'you're such a dumb beiotch!'
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Here are my thoughts:
    1. Some people are way too sensitive.
    2. Some people, question asker AND answerers alike, can't remember to wait until they're NOT angry before typing.
    3. Posting drama yeilds drama.
    4. People spend way too much time on here and involve themselves in questions that they have no business answering.
    5. Different personalities, through typing on a screen, are percieved incorrectly.
    6. Some people are just bitches. If someone says something ignorant to me, I feel sorry for them that I was the highlight of their day, flattered that they took the time out to try and bring me down....and I move on. They're not worth my time.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Agree wtih novemberlove!

I think there is a CONSTRUCTIVE way to disagree. Yelling and name calling is NOT that. It's one thing to say while I respect your choice, please consider these potential consequences or alternatives, but it's quite another to say that someone is wrong and a bad parent. Attacking the *person* instead of the *problem* will NEVER sovled the problem.
    Anonymous