ok

im a single mom of 2 and want to go back 2 school well a job placement program and it has to be full time im scared to put my kid in day cause of all the bad things ihear i just want to hear ggodthings and they well be in day care full time ps my kids are very clingy and dont do naps very well one is 16m the other 5m

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• I've not put my kids in day care but I've done day care. I give a lot of credit to those moms who use day care. I'd go to the police in the towns you're considering and see if you can run a background check on the day care owners and employees, see if you can do nationwide, and make sure it is a licensed place with no violations in your town and county and state. Most kids though cry when mom or dad drops them off and for a while then are ok. The day care should not be push with your kids or force them to participate. Day care is not state mandated achievements like public schools.
    Anonymous

• They usually take a week or so to adjust. Sometimes longer.My daughter has gone to daycare since she was 21/2 months. I work and can't afford not to . She loves it. She looks forward to seeing her friends. At night before she goes to bed she goes through this "see friends tomorrow" then she'll start going through names. BTW i think she has a crush on a boy named derek- besides the point. I work at a hospital and the daycare is on the same grounds. So that made it a little easier for me. just research daycares. See if you can go in to just see what the y do all day. Ask for a schedule if you find a good one (daycare) so you can emulate it at home. This makes the transition a little easier.
    casd

Answer by casd at 2:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Do you have family who can babysit during the day? If not, then your best bet would be daycare. Just visit a daycare, ask all of the questions necessary and dont worry about all of the bad stuff you hear about it because most of the times its not true.
    Anonymous

• I put JB in daycare real early in life and hes 16m now.. He loves daycare, I have nothing but good things to say about mine.. They treat him like one of there own.. If anything happends during the day they call me, give me reports at the end of each day.. Check them out first.. Call your local DHS office and they have on record if the or someone found anything on the day care.. Some ppl call in and complain and they will have that so you can see what you are up agianst..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THE DAY CARES AVAILABLE, FIND A GOOD ONE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEM.

Answer by older at 4:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2009