Christians: Do you think of God and Jesus as one body?

I was always taught in "the father, the son, and the holy ghost" but I never fully understood the concept of the trinity until I was much older. Now, the way I see it, Jesus was God in the flesh, making He and God one and the same. Therefore, when I pray, I use Jesus and God interchangeably. What is your opinion on this? Do you believe in the trinity in this way?

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe in a Triune God, I believe Jesus is God's only begotten son, not God in the flesh....

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• "I don't believe in a Triune God, I believe Jesus is God's only begotten son, not God in the flesh...."

Thank you for sharing that, ,lisarose. Is that your church's teaching or is that your own personal belief? I'm not saying you're right or wrong, that's what this post is about - to learn other's beliefs. What led you to believe that, is what I'm asking. :-)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I have read in the Bible that Jesus sits next to God on his throne.I know as Jesus walked the earth God worked through him.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I never believed that Jesus was God and from a Bible study no where in the Scriptures does Jesus claim to be God, he always shows that God is Greater then he is even after he returns to heaven to sit at the right hand of God, Yes, I've read the one where people point to the "I and the father are one" but when going in-depth we find that Jesus mean one in thought and purpose. by the way I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses but I didn't become one until I was 34....

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• God is Jesus the Son, God is the Father and God is Holy Spirit. I believe in a triune God.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I believe in a triune God... God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I believe they are all seperate. Jesus is God's son. The Bible makes that very clear, and as we all know a son is not the same person as their father
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• If God were a Triune God then I would find it odd that God would take Abraham from a place where they worshipped Triune gods and then teach him that their was only One God, I find it odd that he would ask Abraham to sacrifice his only begotten son Isaac to foreshadow his sacrificing (not himself) but his only begotten son, I find it odd that Jesus would tell a story about a vineyard owner who rented out his land and after sending servants sent (not himself dressed up pretending to be his own son) but his only begotten son the one He created directly by himself because as we know everything else was created for and through his only begotten son......
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I will explain the trinity as it was explained to me when I was a kid. Trinity - three but one. You have one egg but their are three parts to the one egg... you have the shell, the whites, and the yolk... three separate parts but one egg.

Also, God the Son (Jesus) was not created He was also in the beginning with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit, before He came to earth to be the ultimate sacrafice for man's sins.. He was the Word... In the beginning was the Word (John 1:1-5)
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Other scriptures plainly show that the Word was God’s agent through whom all other things came into existence. There is “one God the Father, out of whom all things are, . . . and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are.” (1Co 8:6) The Word, God’s Son, was “the beginning of the creation by God,” otherwise described as “the firstborn of all creation; because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and upon the earth.”—Re 3:14; Col 1:15, 16.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2009