Maternity bridesmaid dress...

I am going to a very formal wedding in another country in June. I will be six months pregnant, and was instructed to wear a long bridesmaid style gown and I would 'fit in' well. After all the money I spent on the plane ticket, I am really hoping you all can give me some suggestions on where to look for a used bridesmaids dress... or something inexpensive. Ebay only seems to have a few...

mileymoo

Asked by mileymoo at 2:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe David's Bridal??!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Have you tried Craig's List? www.craigslist.org There is usually a section for most major cities & within those major cities, listings for smaller areas. It is mostly cash in person type deals. You can check out the clothing section for your area or post in the wanted ads. Also, check out the clearance racks in maternity stores--this time of year, they may have holidays leftovers for a great price. Remember, you can have stuff tailored if it doens't fit perfectly off the rack. Best of luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• If you aren't a bridesmaid I would think it would be cheaper to buy a nice fancy maternity dress. Putting wedding or maternity on something and they jack up the price. I would think it would be even worse if you were mixing the two. I would look around online at some maternity websites, too, and see what their prices are.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Right now I went to Northwest bridal outlet, and Emporio Bridal
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 3:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• 6 months isn't too far into your pregnancy...you may be able to get away with wearing ANY dress as long as it has an empire waist :)
    Caramelturtle

Answer by Caramelturtle at 4:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2009