What if God WAS one of us?

Joan Osbourne recorded this song several years ago. Just now I was listening to it on my computer. That got me to thinking . . .

What if He WERE one of us?

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My God is one of us and He's a teacher like my kids teachers but their teachers walk with us.
    Anonymous

• If you believe in Jesus then God WAS one of us! It's the most mind reeling thing to think that my creator was once as vulnerable and small as my little son!
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 2:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I agree with tobys mom.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Actually HE IS one of us. We are created in HIS Image, He resides in US. He did walk the earth just like you and me! He died for You and Me ...... He did what we could never do... take upon himself the sins of the world so we didn't have to. He is one of us but was made perfect and without sin.

That is the only difference.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I'd get him drunk n kiss his arse!!
    Anonymous

• that song always makes me think. if God was as obvious as "that guy over there" things would be SOOOO different! everyone would always be working on doing good b/c they would have proof that God was really out there watching. we'd have less killing/lying/stealing etc. things wouldnt be perfect, but they'd be a lot better haha

then again if God was just one of us it could mean he was just human & maybe immortal haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• He'd be institutionalized and sedated
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I agree with shaneagle.

But I understand where you are coming from jennijune. I believe if God is walking amongst us, he is crying at how those who claim to follow Him act/behave in His name.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 3:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Then he wouldn't be God... He'd be one of us...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I think the point is: What if God was any stranger on the street? Do you treat everyone the same? Do you treat people you meet with the same kindness and respect you would if you were meeting God? Would you behave better if there was a possiblity that the next stranger you meet could be God?
    trickortreat

Answer by trickortreat at 3:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2009