What must fit in a new car for you?

Ok really what made me think of this is that when I have my nephew I have a terrible time getting his car seat tightened in my Santa Fe. So I wanted to send out a suggestion for those moms with kids in car seats to make sure to test them in a new car before buying it! One of his seats fits good but the other not so well.

To answer the question though my son is a hockey goalie so when we look at new cars they have to pass the "stick test" if his sticks don't fit we don't buy the car!
Other than your family what must be able to fit in a new car for you?

goaliemom93

Asked by goaliemom93 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The trunks gotta be big enough for at least 2 bodies and a couple of shovels.
    Anonymous

• we actually were looking for a new car and we choose a 2007 chevy tahoe because it has space for the kids and us, we like to travel so we needed the space for all of our stuff we plan on having more kids in the future so we needed a car that had the extra seating for the future kids and we plan on rescuing 2 german shepherds so we needed room for them 2.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 2:48 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Right now I have a 2004 Chevy Cavalier. We're expecting Baby #3 July 1st, so we've got to get a new vehicle b/c my other 2 LO's are still in car seats. So I have to find a vehicle that will hold 3 car seats, DH and I, a triple stroller and what ever else we may need to jam in there. Any suggestions? I really don't want a mini van...
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Car seat :)
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Basically we have to be able to afford it and it has to have enough seats for everyone...if it meets those requirements we are good. We need a new car now. We bought a mini van back in 2001 when I was pregnant with our 2nd. But it finally died on us last summer (will not start at all). We bought, or I should say my husband bought, a pick up truck in 2007 and it seats 6 (and we have 4 kids) so we've been using that but now we're expecting another baby so we need a bigger vehicle. We'll be going back to a mini van most likely. But probably won't be able to buy anything until after we get our taxes back NEXT year, months after the baby is born so until we get a new van we will never be able to go anywhere as a complete family.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Lmao..love anon's answer..I think the car I have now would fit that bill. its a 02 chevy impala...love it for the trunk! Yeah for a new car it must fit all 3 of my kids car seats with a little bit of room on the side. our youngest is still in a full carseat, 2 older are in boosters, and both types of carseats measure differently. It must have a decent trunk. My hubby got a new car last december, and him and his mom went looking together..they went through dozens of cars..every one of them either not enough room or it was a van.. I DONT WANT A MINIVAN! nothing wrong with them, but I just dont like them personally. We want to get rid of my car, but i want a midsize suv. MIL suggested a nissan rogue. which is good cause whenever we can live on our own we want to get a dog. and we love taking trips so we need room for extra stuff, and tons of groceries for growing children..lol
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• "The trunks gotta be big enough for at least 2 bodies and a couple of shovels."

LMAO!!!  You forgot about a tarp or carpet

Anonymous

• 3 dogs. I have to be able to fit both kids, my husband, myself and 210 pounds of dog in it.
    Brenna

Answer by Brenna at 3:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Leg room!!! Both my husband and my son have long legs so that is our biggest concern when looking for a car. Next, would be trunk area. It would need to be able to hold an emergency kit, groceries, and my son's (insert different sport for each season) gear, all at the same time.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Me!

LOL.....2-3 adults, a car seat, and 2 teens.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2009