Do you think induced labor is more painful or natural labor?

Natural as in going into labor by yourself without being induced.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I haven't yet experienced labor & delivery-- I'm scheduled to be induced next week (not by my choice- my Dr's choice for me since I have gestational diabetes). I imagine induced would be much more painful. The contractions are supposed to come on a lot stronger. If you haven't seen The Business of Being Born, it has a great little bit in it about what inducing can really be like for mom and baby. It can be more stressful physically (on mom and baby) than when it occurs naturally, I think.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i don't know as I have 2 girls they were both induced. First they didn't ask second they asked I said induce. I personally rather be induced because you are already at the hospital and you don't have to be in pain on the way to the hospital. I wasn't in a lot of pain I got an epidural as soon as my water broke both times so the only time I felt contractions were after my water broke I didn't feel them before then. So I felt the pain when my water broke until I got the epidural until it kicked in so was probably a total ofa half hour to an hour of pain. So I rather get induced anyday.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I've heard from many that it is more painful if induced, includeing Dr.'s & nurses.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• wow julia76 you are a rude b*tch
    Anonymous

• do you have to be so rude abou it julia76? She was just asking. And no it doesn't have to be more painful. Mine wasn't that painful as people make it out to be. But I didn't go natural either but you don't have to be rude. I hate people like that if you are going to be rude skip over the queation.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I agree anon, and IMO induction was very long but not as painful as I imagined
    HappyOLucky

Answer by HappyOLucky at 3:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I was induced with both of my children, and I don't think it was painful at all.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Really I think kit all depends on each circumstance. I have heard that when you are induced you pretty much skip early labor so there is no build up which is the best time to practice your coping skills and breathing techniques but there are things that can happen or be done that can make either situation more painful or less painful. Just go with the flow. As far as julia76 goes, she is in violation of cafemom policy and has been reported
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• it hurts to be induced and im hoping this time i go natural becuz other then being induced i had a drug free labor
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 3:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I don't have anything to compare it to, cause my first was induced and my second...well my doctor is talking about induction again.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2009