Did anybody else felt this way?

My DD is 13 months, me and my DH have talked about maybe trying to have another baby, but Im kind of feeling guilty if I have one now because it will take away some attention from my little girl. Did anybody else feel this way, is so what advice can you give me so I can get over this guilt.

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I completely know where you are coming from!!! I have a 2 year old daughter and I am also pregnant with my second child. When I found out I was pregnant the same things went through my head but I figured out how to make it a great thing. I have been expressing how important she is to the new baby and how great being a big sister can be. I am going to keep her involved with everything! She can help me feed him, change him, and anything else. Now she is really excited and cant wait for the new baby.

Answer by lathena at 3:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You will have two to love and it'll be a lot work but worth it.

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No...but this is why we waited 5 years. Do what's best for you.

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 3:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I'm the OP, I've always wanted kids close in age, because me and my brother are 4 yrs apart and I hated it.

• I had those feelings AFTER I got pregnant with my 2nd. Of course it was too late then, haha. But as it turned out, the 2 kids are totally different in every way, except their appearance. THAT was the way for me to not slight one over the other. They are very very close to each other, and of course they yell the "she likes you better" thing. Bu - recognizing how different they were from one another. I was able to help them develop their individuality. I came from a family of 8 kids and I did feel that there wasn't enough parent to go around - I didn't want my kids to feel that.

Answer by EireLass at 3:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I feel that guilt. but or DS is almost 2 & I used to babysit a little baby & he loved when she was there. Someone to play with. Hed cry when her mom picked her up @ night & now I don't watch her he always asks 'mom my baby??' while doing the 'where' shrug w his arms. you'll love both & they will have a permanent playmate

Answer by theheartbaby at 3:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i would say wait... you can always have another baby, you current baby will not stay this age forever, take it while you got it :).. plus it would be a lot of hard work having two little ones...

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2009