my son has funny stuff on his head HELP

my four month old son had cradle cap that cleared up pretty early but when I was looking at his head the other day I noticed it had come back only this time it looks diffrent. it is not dry flakes but rather thicker oily looking almost like bubbles befir they start to peel. I have tried the usual washing and combing but it just seems to layer on. could this be somthing else or are their other thingsI should try. We do not have insurance so unless he hasĀ  a problem that is effecting his health I try no to take him in to the doctor should I be concerned

knepppi

Asked by knepppi at 3:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get insurance. A 4 month old baby should have it.
    Anonymous

• you can try using head and shoulders on him or selsum blue shampoo. just make sure not to get it in his eyes, and try to let it sit for a minute on his scalp. it's actually pretty common.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My sons head did the same thing.. They have stuff at target and walmart just for cradle cap. I used it this time because like you the washing and combing wasnt working it doesnt smell bad and its almost like baby oil with some powder stuff init. I used it for a week and it was gone. I dont remember who made it but I know it had winnie the pooh on it. you could try it
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• a four month old should still have insurance through the state
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 5:32 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Try to get Medicaid if your state has it. It's free and great to have.
    tykesmommy

Answer by tykesmommy at 2:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• my daughter is 15 months and still has it
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 12:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2010