How many had a "natural" birth

I had natural birth. No epidural, or drugs. I wanted to experience & embrace the whole thing, pain included. Just wondering how many other moms out there decided to have a natural birth & why.

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 3:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• I had a "Bradley Birth", all natural. I did this because it was best for my baby and for me. Women have been having babies naturally for hundreds, thousands of years and it's a completely natural process. I didn't want to mess with that. It is so frustrating to me though that most doctors and hospitals do not respect that and think that their way is the better one. And more than anything I hate how C-Section happy some doctors are!
    pamela.james

Answer by pamela.james at 3:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• like.. 100% natural?

as in.. through the vagina drug-free?
    Anonymous

• not i i proudly got my epidural lol :)
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• yes, through the vagina drug free...LOL
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I did with both of my kids. I was lucky and didn't have any terrible problems with my deliveries. My DD was a vaccuum assist at the end, but it went very quickly at that point and I didn't need any drugs.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 3:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I had an all natural birth both times, no drugs definitely no epidural. The idea of the pain didnt bother me too much, it bothered me more to think about how the drugs might affect me or the baby. You have more control over yourself and the situation when your not all doped up. A lot of people have told me Im crazy for not having the drugs but I think shoving a giant needle in your spine sounds a bit crazier to me. lol
    Anne.Marie

Answer by Anne.Marie at 3:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My son I had an epidural, my daughter I had totally natural
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 3:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I did. My daughter came so fast I didn't have time. I planned on the epi though. Next one I will try to go all natural too.
    Anonymous

• I'm right with you Ann Marie! I share the same EXACT reasons as you. I was not afraid of a lil birthing pain anyway, i thought "bring it on, I'm ready!". I have been told I'm crazy too, but we're not. We're just tough, & not afraid of birthing a baby the natural way. The way woman have been doing it since the beginning.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I had my 2nd daughter natural.... no drugs, no doctors....although it wasn't my choice, she came a month early and I had to deliver her all by myself in our bathroom. My husband didn't even make it home from work yet. I wouldn't recommend it. Although with 2nd dd I didn't have alot pain like with my 1st when I actually got the epidural, isn't that a hoot.
    lilmommy0416

Answer by lilmommy0416 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009