How long does it take beast milk to dry out completly???

I have a 7 Month old and quit breast feeding her at 6 weeks old. A couple days ago I had what I believe was colstrum coming out of one of my breasts. Could I still be storing breast milk or am I pregnant? I cant take a pregnancy test for another week or so.

drs1206

Asked by drs1206 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well for me.. I was breastfeeding and mine dried up.. You could be pregnant but since I only have one so I dont know how long after you get preganant the second time you start producing. If you that worried I would go ahead and take the pregancy test just to be sure.. But I have heard of people still producing milk months after they stop breastfeeding. so it's possible.
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I will have to ask the pause.
    Anonymous

• I took several months until I wouldn't get a little if I squeezed it. And it did look a little more yellow, like colostrum. But I definitely wasn't pregnant. I don't think you start producing again until you are about 5 months pregnant, though.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It really varies. Some moms dry up in a matter of weeks. A friend of mine would still lactate whenever she heard was around a hungry, crying baby 6 YEARS after her daughter was weaned.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I only breastfed for a month and then it took 4 days and it hurt like hell
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 12:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2010