Does your husb/SO ever yell at you??

man, I caught a small part of Fireproof (that movie) in a store today and the husband character was in his wife's face yelling at her, it just made me grimace...my husband has NEVER yelled at me. Has yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• He has raised his voice with me but then again, I have done the same with him. But never would he yell at me and get in my face. We have a very respectful relationship. I could have a hard time keeping my cool if someone was in my face yelling.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yes...not in my face like that but he has....and never in front of our son.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 3:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• We've yelled at each other.. But not like the movie FireProof.. I'm afraid if he did get in my face like that.. that I might hit him.. or at least shove him to get him away, and that would open a can of worms for sure.. So nope. never that bad.. Just screaming from the bedroom to the living room. haha
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Nope, I can honestly say he hasn't. When he gets mad he gives me "the silent treatment" lol
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 3:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Never has, never will. We have a very respectful relationship.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• nope. in 17 1/2 yrs of marriage , he has never yelled at me. I don't think he has really even 'acted mad' very often.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 3:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• LOL!! Well, my idea of yelling and his are very different. :) A slightly raised tone is yelling to me. We have had heated discussions before, where we were both yelling (my idea of yelling), but there has never been an instance like in the movie "Fireproof". That scene was so uncomfortable for me, and it even brought me to tears.
    I know that my husband has the capability to yell, but he is typically very careful to not let it come to that. When he starts to raise his voice, I don't let it go further, by just stating, "don't yell at me". That gets his attention, and he lowers his tone.
    These situations only come up, maybe, a couple of times a year for us... and it's always the result of a breakdown in communication.
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yes, my husband has yelled at me, got right in my face, and called me ever name in the book it happens alot but never in front of the kids. He gets mad when he gets got up in a lie and he blows up, he is getting help though and the cops have been called to our house.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 3:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• That movie Fireproof was EXACTLY how my SO and I fight. We are both yellers. and we are both working to change our ways. We've started yelling less at each other, but we still have our relapses every now and again.
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately we have both done that to each other. We went through a really bad period where we had no respect for each other and treated each other horribly! We came real close to divorce.. but with God's help we have made a huge turn around. We now understand the importance of treating your spouse with respect and honor. I have to say it took me changing and starting to respect him before he in turn changed.. but it's not really important who changes first, its that you do and you make a daily effort to communicate and not let things build to the point of screaming. Not always an easy thing to do.. but totally worth it! It stinks that we had to learn the hard way.. but we are growing together and I see how hard he has worked to become a good husband, and to see him go from what he was then..to what he is now.. makes me love him even more. And our son is blessed to see that with God's help nothing is impossible.
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 3:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2009