How would you do this?

I have a big bag of chicken breasts, a bag of cut carrots (fresh), an onion, some bouillon cubes (beef), bay leaves, potatoes (fresh) parsley, (most usual spices),
some frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and beans(I'm not sure whether it would be good to add those...)
How can I make all of this into a soup? Oh I have egg noodles too.
I have other things too, but not sure if i need to specify or not. So, just ask if I'm missing something crucial for your particular recipe you have in mind.
I'm trying to get as many ideas as possible, so if you have something close to this, please don't hesitate to answer!
I don't have any chicken stock or any stock at all, for that matter..
I'm going to be using a crock pot.

Destiny13

Asked by Destiny13 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I tend to put a large soup pot on over high heat, drop the chicken in and sort of let it quick-cook while cutting onions in over it, the onions and chicken will start to sear/almost burn, I then shut it off, pull the chicken out and put it in the fridge, then turn the heat back on very low and start cutting the veggies onto the onions. At this point I add a tiny amount of water at the bottom to keep things from burning. Once all the veggies are cut up, I add water and bullion. (Although you can just add the fresh seasoning, garlic powder or garlic.. It turns into soup anyway!) and turn the heat up until the soup starts to boil, cover, and let simmer for about an hour. Then I cut the chicken up into the soup-- it's usually not quite cooked through, and I let it cook until the chicken is done & then serve.
    Gruntlings

Answer by Gruntlings at 3:56 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I would cook the chicken stove top and set aside to cool. Then make up your broth and put in all veggies and spices and let it boil for up to10 minutes to get the veggies soft and add the chicken and simmer for about 10 more minutes!! Add some garlic, pepper, thyme and a dash of nutmeg.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I would say first, just combine all the vegetable (cube the potatoes, and cut the vegetables) and throw it into the pot! Leave it simmer until all the vegetables are cooked to desired consistency and then add your noodles and bouillon!
    The.Single.Mom

Answer by The.Single.Mom at 3:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Oh . . oops, I missed the part about the crockpot. Well, I would cook the chicken first and then just throw it all in together.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Thanks, that's sounds faster than I thought, and it looks like I tinkered around long enough to not have time for the crockpot, now that I've looked at the time! lol, oops..
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I would add the bouillon immediately. Boil the amount of water you want and add the bouillon and then pour that in your crockpot, add your veggies and add the pre-cooked chicken.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• do you think broccoli belongs in the whole mess? lol
    it doesn't sound right for some reason..
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• BTW, if you put broccoli in, cut it into tiny pieces and add it at the same time as the chicken. That way it will steam and become soft but won't become mushy/gross/brown.
    Gruntlings

Answer by Gruntlings at 3:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I would use the chicken, bay leaf, onion, bouillion cube, egg noodles and carrots to make chicken and noodles Yummy! ( ilike to saute celery and onion before adding it..if you have celery but its not necessary) don't add noodles til the last 30 mins if using the crock pot.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Thanks everyone, I can't exactly vote one answer the best I used a mixture of a few different answers here. Thanks so much for the help!
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009