Help baby keeps crying!

My 9 month old baby will not stop crying. I beleive she is sleepy she keeps rubbing her eyes. I also think she is teething but i have been useing baby oregel. So my question to you would be. Would you just let your baby cry it out in the crib cause you know she is sleepy or would you let her out and have her be grumpy for the rest of the day. How long is to long in the crib before you give up.

Tweetybird5595

Asked by Tweetybird5595 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Baby tylenol is a good idea. And putting her in her crib could be a good idea. She sounds overtired. When my son is overtired, the best thing to do is just put him in there. Yes he cries, but he falls asleep in barely a minute. I don't think you do them any favors by rocking an already overtired baby. It's more stimulation when they're already overstimulated. I would say a limit for crying it out if you've never done it before, at that age would be about 3 to 5 minutes. And she should settle down, not get louder and louder. If she seems to be getting more and more upset, it's not working.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Skip the oregel. It washes off very quickly. Try some tylenol and a wet, cold wash cloth. Let her chew on the cloth. Also, I do not think that crying it out works. If she is really that tired, put her in a stroller and take a walk. It will do your nerves some good and she will fall asleep with the movement.

Good luck.
    MommyId

Answer by MommyId at 3:56 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Thanks i will try the baby tylenol.
    Tweetybird5595

Answer by Tweetybird5595 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• tylenol and maybe a car ride? don't let people tell you CIO doesn't work - it does for some and not for others - i have let my son cry for 2 hours before
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2009