Is it normal to ever pine for another while you are engaged or married in your opinion?

The definition of pining is usually yearning for someone or something UNATTAINABLE , and that is exactly the use I imply in this question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Nope, that's not normal. Unless you're pining after Brad Pitt or something, that's relatively normal. Sounds to me as if you aren't all that into him, yes?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 3:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I think so, b/c its human nature to have what you CANT have. You did say unattainable. lol

Just like a car, you can desire to have a new car, so when you get a new Kia you are excited and happy, but you still look at the Lexus and "pine"

As long as you dont act on your feelings, remember the grass is always greenest over the septic tank. lol in other words if I bought a Lexus, it would probably be a lemon, I am better of with my Kia. LOL
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• having a crush is healthy and normal, but actually YEARNING for someone might be over doing it....
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• NO. You see a cute guy and think he is hot, okay. Pining is NOT. If you are pining for someone other than your fiance, you should NOT get married. It doesn't matter if he is unattainable, it will affect your relationship in a negative way, and you will not be able to give of yourself wholeheartedly.

Would you want to be in a relationship with a guy who is constantly thinking of someone else?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No- everyone needs to charge themselves to be in control of their emotions, and not let their emotions control them. Dwelling on another person is only going to cause trouble in your relationship.
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I'm sure many ppl wish they could be with someone who is either unavailable or there is unrequited love (not loved back). Personally I'd love to be with Sean Connery but have to settle for my Irish pain in the patoot, SO!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I think it's totally normal to spot someone attractive and admire them fleetingly, for both men and women. Pining or yearning for someone is a different story, and it is a redflag that something in your relationship is not right.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 4:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I should clear up that pining is not always obsessing. I have enough logic to know that it will never happen. He is VERY unattainable. I still love my S.O. and can't imagine leaving him for a guy I know next to nothing about.
    Anonymous

• if its just a crush its fine
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Unattainable, like a movie star? Yes. In your local community? No.
    Anonymous