when will i be able to take a bath after i gave natural birth

newblondemom

Asked by newblondemom at 3:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Health

• whenever you want. i took one the night i came home.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You should not take a bath (actually soak in the water) until you are completely healed. If you had an episiotomy (sp?) or tore, and needed stitches, you shouldn't sit in the bath until the stitches fall out and you're not bleeding anymore. It can cause an infection if you're not healed. Usually, you should be fine within 3 weeks or so, but you might want to call you doctor to find out what he recommends.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 4:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I was told not to have a soaking bath for risk of infection. I didn't for like 6 weeks until my post-pardum check and was cleared for sex, ect.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• you can have a sitz bath the next day. You sit in a little tub of moving water with epsom salt type stuff. But you can not have a real bath for a while. My dr said 6 weeks
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• If you wanted to, you could take a bath DURING natural birth ; )

kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• showers are fine
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009