Travel during 3rd week of pregnancy or not?

Hi,

My gynecologist told me today that travelling might put my pregnancy at risk as he says the baby position is very low.
I don't know what to do, I need some help as I have a very important trip...

thanks,

Regards,

Samantha

sammy455

Asked by sammy455 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• baby is low at THREE WEEKS? That doesn't sound right. Travel should be fine until the last few weeks of the pregnancy.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Do you mean 3rd trimester??
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• call your doctor and ask for details. You have that right to understand every single thing about your pregnancy. Don't travel unless things are explained so that you understand your baby's and your health.
    Anonymous

• 3rd week? Did you mean 3rd trimester? If it is late in your 3rd trimester it is risky to travel I have heard.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I was told no traveling 1 hour past hospital the last 4 weeks of pg. If your dr thinks it is to dangerous to travel, why put your baby at risk???
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• HI THANKS FOR THE REPLIES.

I was a bit confused because my first gynecologyst said I wasn't at risk. But the second one did an ultrasound and found out that the baby is too low. I am just at my 3rd week of pregnancy. This is a bit scary.

sammy455

Answer by sammy455 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2009