How far would you go?

How far would you go if someone hurt your child? Molestation, rape, assult, murder? Would you report it to the authorities and let them bring the justice. Or would you take revenge into your own hands?

I ask because I just finished watching part of The House On The Left and was just wondering.

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• As much as I would like to say that I would report it to the police and let them do their job, I couldn't. I would report it to the police and tell them they better get to this person before I do. If OJ Simpson can get away with murder, with the help of my bank account, so can I!
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I'd report it but if I find them myself who knows what I would do....my husband on the other hand has already said that he's going to jail if someone hurts our son. Period point blank...and I believe him. Especially if someone molested him or killed him..please. I couldn't live with that.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 4:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Well, I would do my best to keeep my sanity and report it. But depending on what was done to my child it may be harder than I think. And my husband is very protective of us. If anyone hurt any of us he is completely ready to spend some time in jail for hurting someone or anyone who hurts any of us. I have to remind him if he is in jail it does us no good also.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I'd take my revenge.

slowly.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• my parents have always said justice comes from you. meaning they would get a hold of that person first. and if someone did something horrible to any one of my kids they would pay.. slowly. they messed with the wrong mama. it would take to much control to wait for the police to do something and just wait.. then what in a few years theyll get out have freedom and maybe hurt again. i dont think so. eye for an eye..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Report and let everyone I know call the local news and tell the story over and over. I'd want everyone in town to know what he did and who he is.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 8:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2009