why didnt anybody tell me?

Nobody warned me having a baby would be so... wet. Between the leaky boobs, baby pee (and poo), spit-up and random wet spots of unknown origin I honestly dont think I will ever be truely caught up with laundry! Or wear a dry shirt again, lol!
Anything else no one told you?

MarchMarie

Asked by MarchMarie at 4:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol, well my DD is 17 months and its still like that!
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• LOL! Yea my clothes never stayed dry for long. But once the wetness goes away it's slimy toddler boogers that take it's place.
    Anonymous

• Oh it get better, just wait until they start throwing or sneezing food at you. Soon your shirt will become a moving tissue and youll wonder if you have any clothes without snot spots (you wont so dont bother looking). At bath time you will be wetter than they are and your bathroom walls will never be the same. Just when you think they are past the age of peeing on you you'll start potty training. =) Isn't being a mom great?
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yea, since my son started teething my sholders are never dry. When I hld him he loves to grab a piece of my shirt and chew and slobber all over it. FUN!
    risas11722

Answer by risas11722 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I would agree ... with the constant spit up and other misc. liquids on clothing, I was always doing laundry. And it seemed that my son would always do it after I got him dressed and was about to run out the door.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No one told me my daughter would fart and or poop in completely inappropriate situations... I know that sounds funny.. but when I pictured myself being a mom, I didn't picture a situation where my SO and I would be looking at a house and my DD would be sitting on the floor coloring and fart and laugh....
    Mom2vanna

Answer by Mom2vanna at 4:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I had two babies 19 months apart. I had a spot of some sort on the left shoulder of EVERY shirt I owned for about 5 years! I feel your pain! Hang in there...

No one ever told me that I would love these children more than anything else in the world including myself. As much as they make me nutty, I couldn't live without them.

No one also told me that I'd never be well-rested again...
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 4:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• just wait til your baby starts flinging food around, and dropping things and then it goes into the mouth, and you dive in their mouth cause you think its something they found or shouldnt have and it turns out to be a puff/cheerio... the leaking and wet spots i knew about, i just didnt know how much.. especially the day i woke up and OMG, there was a milk spot the size of a beach ball on our bed......
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 4:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• HAHAHAHA never even thought about that but its true. Nope, no one mentioned it to me.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• only my first was like that - spent 3 months with my shirts soaked all the time. Now (my third time around), I'm able to go without nursing pads after the first couple months.
    dovetailthreads

Answer by dovetailthreads at 4:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2009