what should i do? i need advice

my fiance broke up with me about a week ago. he says its just a break for a few weeks but i dont know if thats how its gonna end up. weve been together about 3 years and have a 2 year old. he says he doesnt love me but cares about me. he didnt tell me when i did something wrong or when something was upsetting him and he told me its because hes passive agressive and everything built up and he blew. but im not psychic i cant tell when i do something wrong without someone telling me. i want to give him space but im not sure what i should do. im really depressed and cant sleep or eat. every time he gets un happy it ends up like this...or he gets angry and yells or flips the mattress in our room. i cant look at him when i see him...i get more depressed and i fall in love with him but thatll lead to heart brake...what should i do...please no bashing. if anyone has any advice or ne thin i would be eternally greatful. thanks in advanc

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I've been there and done that honey. For the sake of your heart I think you should just end it with him and find someone that will love and respect you because that's what you deserve. I know it's hard because you love him and you have a child together but you shouldn't be treated like that.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like he's taking the logic steps to figure things out. It's just a break. A lot of relationships get stronger that way but if he admits he doesnt' love you why would you want to marry him? If you do get back with him you might want to read up on Passive aggressive men. I have one book called How to Live with a PA man and it's been helpful to me. My guy is PA and he drives me nuts keeping everything to himself until he storms off upset meanwhile I had no clue there was a problem! MEN!!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It sounds like he wants free roam with out guilt. He is trying to push you away so it's easier. With the anger issues if it is a break there needs to be counseling on his part. He has some issues I don't think it sounds like you did any thing wrong. I think he needs some time to mature and act like an adult, and a father. Not to mention a hubby if he is going to be one. However with out knowing you or him the second option I would concider is scared of marriage. Men tend to fear that the old ball and chain will change their lifes to much. If this is the problem He needs to understand he is a father marraige wont change it any more than it already is. Try and talk to him ask him if he is worried don't use the words fear or scared it will put his guard up. Ask him if their is any you can do to help the relationship and save your love? What ever you do do not say help or save him. Remember he needs to feel like the hero.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Let him feel something needs to be fixed and he is the only one who can. Let him think you need his help whether you do or not. Good luck let me know how it turns out.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• He doesn't love you.

Why would you want to marry someone who doesn't love you?? THATS the real question.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• yeah why be with a man who is telling you he doesnt love you. Its better to know how he feels now before you marry him. Set your standards higher than that. Sounds like he is a ticking time bomb and you should not have to watch every word you say or every move you make. That my dear is not a healthy relationship for you or your child.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 8:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2009