why do young moms get such a bad rap?

i think tis cuz of the few idiot young moms out there who make bad choices andgove the rest of us a bad name and people sterotype the whole group.. what do you think

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• I didn't say all older moms are bitter just the bashers. And just because some of us didn't wait for kids, go to collage, or have a career doesn't mean we aren't good moms. I always new I wanted to be a mom. So I met a wonderful man got married and started a family. And yes some older moms are wiser, but some are pushy know it alls, that are stuck in their ways.  I'm a great mom to a healthy happy little boy. I also know older moms that have too many kids, don't feed them right and let them run wild. So age has nothing to do with it. Some woman just think that because they are older they know more, and look down on others, which isn't always the case. Yes there are some moms out there that...for the lack of better words, should've kept their legs shut and gotten an education. BUT not all. We shouldn't be judged on our age.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i think it might be because they cant spell.
    Anonymous

• Agreed. I don't know why things always skew towards the negative. I know plenty of young mothers here who rock!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 4:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i think its because young girls should be worrying about midterms and doing well in school and not diapers! i wish i finished school.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• (i finished high school but not college... im in college right now and its tough)
    aliciatron

• I finished High school and am in college and have my son, I don't get why people can't just respect that we can accomplish things and that our lives aren't ruined because we have a kid!!!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Because some "older" moms are bitter old hags that think they know everything, and have to make others feel like crap to make them selves feel better. I think they are just jealous that we are better moms then them. Granted not all "older" moms are that way but the bashers are. And they can suck my butt kicking supermom toes. *giggles*kiss mini

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Because too many younger moms think they know it all and that their way is the only way. They act ignorant and seem ignorant with their posts. Their lack of grammar and proper English doesn't help their cause, either.

It's unfair, but a few rotten apples ruin the whole batch.
    Anonymous

• Wow, I don't think it's cause older Moms are bitter. They are just wiser. They know that if you wait just a little, you can have it all--an education, good paying job, the husband/partner and a healthy baby. It does take some maturity to raise kids, God knows there are fools out there having them. You have to be almost completely selfless and really patient. Let me ask this, what is the damn hurry to have a kid? You can do SO many amazing things in life to enrich who you are, before kids. Get an education which is critical this day in age and go travel to get perspective on the world. By the way, I am 36 with 2 kids, married 11 years to a great guy with a great job. It was worth the wait!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• PS: to you ladies with your education and a kid, good for you! You are the exception, NOT the rule!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2009