Are Husky dogs good with children?

I really really want one

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 4:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pets

• We had a husky when I was growing up. They are very protective of little ones. If you get one I suggest getting a puppy.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• There exellegent dogs however get a puppy. This is a breed were you want to know how it was raised.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You should really check several sources to get all the information about the breed. I would start with the AKC website. Check the website for Animal Planet also - they do a couple shows on dog breeds and I believe they have breed specific information available. That way you can find out all the specifics of the breed and decide if it will be a good match for your family and where you live.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 7:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I've had two Huskies, one we got as a pup and one was a stray picked up by a shelter. With BOTH dogs we had to establish the "pack" order and then they were both FANTASTIC dogs with the kids! We even have cats and the Huskies get along great with them, even playing with them.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• we have 2 huskies and they're great with my daughter (she's 16 months now). they've learned to move when she pushes or steps on them.
    AddysDogBear

Answer by AddysDogBear at 12:51 AM on Mar. 28, 2009