Husband lied about knowing phone number?? How do I stop him from lying?

My husband recived a text message at like 10 one night and didn't want to open it he told me that he didn't recognize the number. I let it go until I got the phone bill and noticed that he called that number on 2 different ocassions and had texted the number an hour before reciving that 10:00 unknown number one. I know that he is lying about not knowing who it is. I know that there is something going on and I just don't know the severity of it. What would you do?? We have a 2 month old daughter and he has a son from another relationship.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I recently ran into the same situation and i had finally had enough and I knew he wouldnt tell me the truth no matter how harmless it was so I just called the number!! and yep it was a women and he had givin her his # in a bar and they talked 2 times! I confronted him he said yes he did (not that he had a choice at this point) but I was sick of all the shit so I took matters into my own hands and called and she assured me nothing was going on and nothing ever happend besides talking on the phone sooooo call the # you've got everything to loose!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• call the number and talk to whoever it belongs to. Men stop lying? lol That's not going to happen

Answer by admckenzie at 4:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You can't make him do anything. He is a grown man. But you can call the number and find out who it is. Try to be nice about it if it's a girl. She might have no clue that he is married. It might be nothing. You never know. Confront him about the lying. If he keeps on lying, you know it will only get worse.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I agree call the number and find out who it is and then deal with him. Make sure you get as much detail as possible so he can't change the story. GL

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• get his phone and text from it acting like you are him. Something like hey I was thinking about this the other day and do you remember how we met? See if they take the bait. Do it in the middle of the night or when he is in the shower, but do it from his phone.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I'd call the number from his phone. See who it is.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I agree with the first poster. Call the number. If you ask him about it, he will probably just lie again. Clearly something fishy is going on. Why would someone not open a text b/c they don't recognize the number? I can understand not answering a call, but a text, that just doesn't make sense. It sucks, b/c it's scary to find out the truth, especially when you already have a feeling that something is going on. But you have to confront the issue so that you can figure out what to do from there.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 4:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My suggestion is to ask him about it. Dont go to him all angry and confrontational.. this will put him on the defense.. but ask him if he is happy in your relationship. if he says no.. this will allow you to talk about what is going on. If he says he is happy, explain to him that you found the number more than once and you need to know why he lied. Try to stay as calm as possible. I know the first reaction is usually to run him over with a truck and ask questions later (totally kidding) but really if you approach it calmly he will most likely be more comfortable being open and honest if he knows youre not going to flip out. I will be praying for you. Hope it turns out to be a surprise he has been planning for you or something like that! Best wishes!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 4:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• can you read the messages?
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Read the text and then call it and find out. Sorry sweetie if he lies you can't stop it. It sound like posible cheating but do some digging. Than if he is you have to decide if the relationship can be saved. I know it's hard to hear I am sorry. Good luck I hope it's over reacting.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009