How do you feel about your birth experience?

I loved being pregnant, and didn't have any complications or discomforts until labor. I had a completely natrual, vaginal delivery, and I had a beautiful experience, it was everything I'd imagined it would be. Labor was pretty bad towards the end, but totally worth the pain when I met my son for the first time! I was lucky and my labor only lasted just under 4 hours, but that was plenty for me, it was pretty rough!

So I'm just curious how other Moms feel about their birth experience.
Doesn't matter by the way if you had an all natural, with drugs, a c-section, a home birth, water birth, whatever, doesn't matter.

carliemarie1015

Asked by carliemarie1015 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had an emergency c-section after trying to be induced for 3 days, in labor but with no change to my cervix. Then i had a bad reaction to having an EPI and a spinal with 30 mins of each other, so it was the scariest day of my life and i thought i was going to die. But i know that if they hadnt rushed me for the c-section there is a good chance that my daughter would not have made it, and so i am thankful everyday that i went through it.
    abygalesmom

Answer by abygalesmom at 4:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My experience was horrible. I was in labor for over 17 hours. after 7 I decided to get an epidural. It wore off about 1 hour before I started pushing. After 1.5 hours of pushing they decided to do an emergency C-section. It hurt so bad, after 45 minutes my son was born and they put me under anestisia to sew me back up. I didn't get to meet him until 2 hours later, I lost a lot of blood and I was in a lot of pain the next week. I swore I would never ever have a baby again, but now, after 3 months, I wouldn't mind going through it again. What you get is so worth it..:-) Ok, I admit, I really hope the next delivery will be much easier..lol
    januarymom81

Answer by januarymom81 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• it was a tough job,but the reward was priceless.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Loved it. Other than having my stuff exposed to everyone who walked in and the 5 minutes of pain while getting the epidural, I have no complaints. If I knew it would be that easy everytime I'd do again tomorrow.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• So utterly disappointed the 1st time. Wanted to do a natural, home birth... ended up with a c-section 50 hours later. It took me so long to make peace with this. Second time around I had a c-section, too. It was a choice. I had time to process it. It was glorious. I'm sure there's plenty that I missed out on, but I don't focus on that anymore. I have two beautiful, amazing daughters and feel so close to them.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I was a little disappointed with mine. I wanted to birth in the labor tub, but wasn't allowed to. After some other minor things not going my way, I felt sort of defeated and just gave in. I still gave birth Vaginally, but I had an epi. The next time, I'll wait longer before I go to the hospital or I just won't go at all. I wanted to stay at home with the first, but my husband was not comfortable with that.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I was very disappointed with mine. After 23 hours of labor, it ended in an emergency c-section. It was horrible and a horrible recovery . . . not at all what I was hoping for, BUT in the end, I still have this beautiful little girl sitting here beside me (trying to push the keys as I type . . . lol)
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It was nothing like I was expecting. It was a painful awesome experience, but I expect it to have taken longer than it did. Still 10 hours was plently lol.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 5:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I loved mine. I did most of my laboring at home (3 days of it) and didnt go to the hospital till my water broke. I got to the hospital and into a room in about an hour after my water broke. They checked me and I was 7 cm dilated and asked for an epi cause I hadnt slept in a few days and was very exhausted. But within 10 mins of my previous check I was fully dilated and pushing. I wasnt even registered in the computers, so there was a nurse asking me questions while I was pushing, a nurse holding my left leg, the doctor who hadnt had the time to change out of her nice clothes, anothe nurse assisting her, my mom, my good friend Tori, my hubby holding the right leg, and two other nurses helping where they could. I pushed for an hour and she was out. I was and am incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful birthing experience. Oh and I didnt ever get that epi, all natural here. Would do it again in a heart beat!!
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 6:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i had an epidural which was a good thing cuz she got stuck (daddy's big head) and i had to have a c-section. I guess that's why they say it's a good thing you don't remember labor pains cuz everyone would probalby only have one baby.:)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2009